Countdown To Miami: Cigarette Teaser No. 3—‘Why Six?” >

Countdown To Miami: Cigarette Teaser No. 3—‘Why Six?”

Notices

Countdown To Miami: Cigarette Teaser No. 3—‘Why Six?”

Old 02-06-2019, 12:36 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Well that won't tow well! Nice boat but like the 56 NT and 57 MTI not sure what you do with it! All 3 suffer from the "bigger boat, more HP now we need more fuel" but then that makes the boat heavier so it is slower equation. It will get a lot of press, hope it runs good for the new owner.
said the same thing about the 57 MTI then got to spend a day on it. it was one of the best days on the water and plenty fast. know exactly what to do with it but cant afford It. ha
Old 02-06-2019, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

Cigarette just posted this up

Old 02-06-2019, 03:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,060 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Wow, stunning..I don't know who puts their video productions together but its very impressive. Well done
Old 02-06-2019, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 3,085 Likes on 1,003 Posts

WOW!! That thing is over the top bad assery!!!
Old 02-06-2019, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 643 Likes on 297 Posts
Thumbs up Sexy sextuple will sell!

Bravo! I find the name Tirranna very apt for this impressive craft. Guess it means "running waters" in an Australian aboriginal language. People with the coin to buy this sextuple motored yacht are maybe educated enough to know about the renowned house, famously designed by celebrated architect Frank Lloyd Wright. The computer-generated imagery video is both spectacular, unique and cutting edge. Always fun when market leaders dare to break new ground on all levels. Here's a company that does almost everything right, so I got to ask, WHY 50th? Now, let's see if the Cigarette Racing Team brass, got the brass balls, it at this stage takes, to admit that 2019 is the year for the Cigarette Racing Team company to celebrate its 49th anniversary, not its 50th? Heck, they might even sell some boats here on 'The Left Coast' if they did a 49th Anniversary Edition for us. We can't really relate to what used to be our Scarab boats anymore and the truth is that we are fond of the number 49.

Last edited by larslindroth; 02-06-2019 at 04:50 PM.
Old 02-06-2019, 06:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,132 Likes on 478 Posts

Excellent video presentation but it's not me. The boat looks beautiful and I love outboards but seeing six of them take up the whole transom looks a bit strange. Once you get to that size boat, especially an outdoor entertaining style boat, I'd prefer diesel inboards and a large boarding platform

It's hard not to love everything Cigarette build because their boats are about as good as it gets. I'm sure there will be buyers for this new flagship with a pedigree and my opinion doesn't count for much but I'm still entitle to it.

RR.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nit picking but I agree with RR the 6 outboards disrupts the lines of the boat. Still an amazing piece.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by larslindroth
Bravo! I find the name Tirranna very apt for this impressive craft. Guess it means "running waters" in an Australian aboriginal language. People with the coin to buy this sextuple motored yacht are maybe educated enough to know about the renowned house, famously designed by celebrated architect Frank Lloyd Wright. The computer-generated imagery video is both spectacular, unique and cutting edge. Always fun when market leaders dare to break new ground on all levels. Here's a company that does almost everything right, so I got to ask, WHY 50th? Now, let's see if the Cigarette Racing Team brass, got the brass balls, it at this stage takes, to admit that 2019 is the year for the Cigarette Racing Team company to celebrate its 49th anniversary, not its 50th? Heck, they might even sell some boats here on 'The Left Coast' if they did a 49th Anniversary Edition for us. We can't really relate to what used to be our Scarab boats anymore and the truth is that we are fond of the number 49.
I respectfully disagree about the 50th anniversary, personally I don't think it matters too much.

Cigarette racing team, the company, was founded in 1969. To me it really doesn't make a difference that they sold their first boat in 1970. They're celebrating 50 years of the company's existence, not necessarily 50 years since their first boat delivery.

Similarly, BMW was founded in 1916, but didn't sell a car until 1928. In 2016 they celebrated 100 years of BMW. Oh well, its all marketing anyways.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 643 Likes on 297 Posts
Default Date and dating; transom grace bounds for happy space...

Originally Posted by rak rua
Excellent video presentation but it's not me. The boat looks beautiful and I love outboards but seeing six of them take up the whole transom looks a bit strange. Once you get to that size boat, especially an outdoor entertaining style boat, I'd prefer diesel inboards and a large boarding platform

It's hard not to love everything Cigarette build because their boats are about as good as it gets. I'm sure there will be buyers for this new flagship with a pedigree and my opinion doesn't count for much but I'm still entitle to it.

RR.
I tend to agree about the precious transom space. I value it and I think most boaters got good memories from time spent on the swim-platform and rear sundeck. Photos of happy time on the twin Volvo IPS 600 diesel powered Swedish J-Craft 42 Torpedo model below. Quiet and no fumes.

Originally Posted by jtr2kwl
I respectfully disagree about the 50th anniversary, personally I don't think it matters too much.

Cigarette racing team, the company, was founded in 1969. To me it really doesn't make a difference that they sold their first boat in 1970. They're celebrating 50 years of the company's existence, not necessarily 50 years since their first boat delivery.

Similarly, BMW was founded in 1916, but didn't sell a car until 1928. In 2016 they celebrated 100 years of BMW. Oh well, its all marketing anyways.
I wonder why so many are under the impression that Cigarette Racing Team was started in 1969? Don started Don Aronow Inc., dba Cigarette Racing Team on 03/19/1970. His first boat building company was called Our Corporation Inc., which he started with his first wife Shirley in 1962. That company among other things dba Formula Boats etc. When he started Donzi Marine and Magnum Marine Corp. he had a company named Donald Aronow Inc. among others, but it's irrelevant here. When they started producing the Cigarette 28 for the public, in December 1970, it was a success and 50 boats were sold for the first 6 months. During the summer and autumn of 1970 several racing boats were constructed. How many? That I admit I don't know.

P.S. Now Don was a marketing genius, so it's easy to get confused by his advertising. If his 1963 Formula 233 'The Cigarette' had won The World Championship he would have maybe changed this ad to say; Don Aronow's Cigarette Racing Team Multiple World Champion since 1963. D.S.

Last edited by larslindroth; 02-07-2019 at 12:45 PM.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,132 Likes on 478 Posts

This is not a comparison to a Cigarette, I'm not that thick but this is my dream transom on a 58' boat....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.