Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Need help shipping block from Florida to Washington State >

Need help shipping block from Florida to Washington State

Notices

Need help shipping block from Florida to Washington State

Old 10-31-2002, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Jim, how quick do you need the engine? If you can wait a week, go comman carrier, New Penn, Con-way, any of the big trucks you see going down the road. The reason you're quotes are so high is due to getting an airfreight quote. Too bad CF went out of service. If you try FedEx, ask for their Express Saver service, it's the most cost effective 5 to 7 day transit. Hope that helped you out. One thing, if it goes on the road, make sure it's packaged good. It will get bounced around. Good luck.

Shawn

PS...Pete is way right, go with the insurance...no matter what. Otherwise you will get like $100.00.
Old 10-31-2002, 11:10 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Jim:

Ok here's some useful information. First of all you will need a carrier that makes both of those states w/ direct service. The RL Carriers will not. When interlines are involved both parties make money and it could be a mess. Second thing is you will need to get a discount on the shipment , 60 to 65 % should be available to you. Your classification is class 85 . The block will need to be strapped to a pallet and it should be delivered to a business. Carriers will charge you for a home delivery. Yellow Freight - Old Dominion both are probally a good choice. As far as $ 65.00 that is usually a mininum charge and probally too low. I would think $ 100.00 would be pretty darn close. If you cannot get it done let me know and I can go a little further for you - Brian Hollis

Last edited by THEJOKER; 10-31-2002 at 02:05 PM.
Old 10-31-2002, 12:16 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 159 Likes on 89 Posts

Jim, not sure how good a deal it is but I can get it done for $200 via BAX 3 day. Make sure the weight is accurate. Sounds low including the skid.
Old 10-31-2002, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Jim I had a set of 4 Humvee tires shiped from Florida by Old Dominion Freigt and they were syran wraped to a palet for a total wheight of 300+ lbs and it was a $100 dollars to my house. Very Freindly and took about 10 days. PWRBOATTOURS knows his stuff. Charlie
Old 11-01-2002, 02:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the help guys. I finally enlisted the help of a friend who owns King Electric up here. They ship all the time and he just handled it for me. I don't know why I didn't think of him sooner. Final cost will be $116. I'll just have to drive over to Seatlle to pick it up. I can live with that. Again, thanks for all the feedback. It's been a good learning experience.