Reputable Bow thruster installers >

Reputable Bow thruster installers

Notices

Reputable Bow thruster installers

Old 04-13-2019, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tmaddox4x4
I called those guys three times and no return call from them. Sent emails, and nothing.
Huh..I had mine done 2 years ago. Father and son. Nice guys and did a great job. Always called me back. Wonder whats going on. When I can post pictures I will.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well, the day came to install the thruster and it can't be done on my model Hustler. The floor is too close to the keel. The tube would be about 4 inches above the floor in the middle of the cabin. We even though about a custom box or table to conceal it. But trying to hide the tube and the thruster motor just ain't going happen. The fact that no matter what we did, it would look like crap and be a pain to live with. The ultra soft leather would get destroyed climbing around the thing. Well, at least I'm saving $10k. Lol
Old 04-25-2019, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 582 Likes on 349 Posts

Thatís a triple engine boat? Maybe try some bigger dia props or more blades and turn them out.

My buddy and I have similar boats but mine has big Suzuki props and itís much more responsive around the docks.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hogie roll
Thatís a triple engine boat? Maybe try some bigger dia props or more blades and turn them out.

My buddy and I have similar boats but mine has big Suzuki props and itís much more responsive around the docks.

Honestly it's not bad, it's only a twin but they are far apart. It has big props now and they will move the boat fairly easy. We boat on lake Michigan and the wind can come out of nowhere. The wife wants to get comfortable with docking. I figured a bow thruster would be a nice addition, but not needed. She's just being spoiled. Now since I saved the 10k I can have a few other things done. You know that important stuff, like bigger stereo and LED lights. Lol