Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Best place to buy Bravo One prop? >

Best place to buy Bravo One prop?

Notices

Best place to buy Bravo One prop?

Old 04-08-2019, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 247 Posts

I seen the Hill props and wondered how they are. Looks like a bravo one copy. I thought I read a long time ago they they did not perform as well as a Bravo One. Was thinking about trying a bravo one 28 pitch as well. Maybe I'll give it a try.
Old 04-08-2019, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

Don't know where you read that, but the same can be said with almost ever prop out there. The rake and pitch all changes things. A prop that works great for one boat may or does not work the same for a different hull or they way the hull is loaded.

The really great thing about Hill, is if you buy from them, you only pay return ship if they need to tweak the prop a bit. They will swap and change at no cost other then return ship. I first went to a local prop here on OSO but they wanted % restock fee for each change.

I have a set of B3 hill's and like they way they work, but unable to use them after changing the drive ratio (long story)
Currently have I think 5 sets of B3's and maybe another 6 props of B1's

Your original comment is looking for a cheap B1 prop, so not really looking for best performance just from my read, may be wrong. But if you want the best prop your not looking for just any prop
Old 04-08-2019, 08:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

From Facebook $612.84 any pitch Bravo 1 at CME. Best price I have seen on Bravo 1 and Maximus.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AllDodge
Don't know where you read that, but the same can be said with almost ever prop out there. The rake and pitch all changes things. A prop that works great for one boat may or does not work the same for a different hull or they way the hull is loaded.

The really great thing about Hill, is if you buy from them, you only pay return ship if they need to tweak the prop a bit. They will swap and change at no cost other then return ship. I first went to a local prop here on OSO but they wanted % restock fee for each change.

I have a set of B3 hill's and like they way they work, but unable to use them after changing the drive ratio (long story)
Currently have I think 5 sets of B3's and maybe another 6 props of B1's

Your original comment is looking for a cheap B1 prop, so not really looking for best performance just from my read, may be wrong. But if you want the best prop your not looking for just any prop
Actually my post reads "Best place to but a NEW Bravo One prop". Never did I say I'm looking for the cheapest prop. If that was the case I would be buying a used one here in the classifieds that is beat up.

I know what prop is the best all around prop for my boat (bravo one) and which is the fastest prop (hydromotive).

I'm not looking to buy a prop and going testing and send it back and forth for multiple tweakings to get the last mph out of it. I'm just looking to go out and enjoy my boat with the stock prop that has proven to work.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by VoodooRob
From Facebook $612.84 any pitch Bravo 1 at CME. Best price I have seen on Bravo 1 and Maximus.
You might want to give Rothwell a call. $560 for a bravo one shipped. Very nice people to deal with.

THANKS onesickpantera!!!
Old 04-08-2019, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by underpsi68
Actually my post reads "Best place to but a NEW Bravo One prop". Never did I say I'm looking for the cheapest prop. If that was the case I would be buying a used one here in the classifieds that is beat up.

I know what prop is the best all around prop for my boat (bravo one) and which is the fastest prop (hydromotive).

I'm not looking to buy a prop and going testing and send it back and forth for multiple tweakings to get the last mph out of it. I'm just looking to go out and enjoy my boat with the stock prop that has proven to work.
That is funny but
allrighty then, guess this meant something different

Rothwell had the cheapest price. $560 shipped

Thanks to everyone!!
Old 04-09-2019, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Look your prop over closely regardless of where you buy it from. Merc props are all over the place out of the box. Buddy recently bought 2 new Bravo I props and has them at FJ right now being worked. The pitch is all over the place and on one prop some blades had cup and others had none.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Look your prop over closely regardless of where you buy it from. Merc props are all over the place out of the box. Buddy recently bought 2 new Bravo I props and has them at FJ right now being worked. The pitch is all over the place and on one prop some blades had cup and others had none.
Not to mention Merc finishers are so lazy they didn't even buff the casting marks out of them. Will be interesting to see the difference that 8 blades with the same pitch and same cup make. At least they will be balanced.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:13 PM
Registered

That is not good lol. Prop is scheduled for delivery Monday. I will inspect and post my findings.
Old 04-11-2019, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by underpsi68
That is not good lol. Prop is scheduled for delivery Monday. I will inspect and post my findings.
One one of my props the points were left on the outer edge of the ears, the other prop had them rounded off. One had varying cup on each blade, the other had no cup at all, at least none visible by the naked eye. The differing blade pitch would be very difficult to spot by the naked eye. FJ has made wax molds of B1 prop blades in the past, and when you hold the wax mold up to each blade sometimes you can see light between the mold and some of the other blades. I'm sure if you talk to the folks at FJ or Bblades they can give you a good background on their experience of how dialed in B1 props out of the box are.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.