he owned many boat companies at one time

Notices

he owned many boat companies at one time

Old 04-10-2019, 01:58 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
Default he owned many boat companies at one time

Scarab, wellcraft , Larson, Ranger, Glastron and so on. Anyways he killed his wife and himself here is part of the news. A buddy of mine in MN told me about this first.

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/u-s-world...obs/1914082429

Last edited by BUP; 04-10-2019 at 02:01 PM.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow, I met him at some Genmar dealer meetings. Crazy.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 638 Likes on 295 Posts

What a sad and truly tragic story. I like to remember Irv Jacobs as a passionate boater, boat building industry icon, and on a footnote, the founder of the unusual retro Windsor Craft brand of boats. His quest to find a yard that had the traditional wood craftsmen to produce a larger number of boats for the Windsor Craft brand, highlights his passion for boats in general. He ended up all the way in Turkey and that yard, Vicem Yachts, in Istanbul, Turkey, is to this day, launching more and more impressive luxury yachts by the year.

"Updated 2:40 p.m.
Entrepreneur Irwin L. Jacobs and his wife Alexandra were found dead in their mansion in suburban Minneapolis, according to local reports. A friend of the family said that Irwin Jacobs killed his wife before shooting himself.
Police arrived early Wednesday morning to investigate the deaths in Jacobs’ home in the upscale suburb of Orono. A police dispatcher reported that two people were “found unconscious, possibly DOA [dead on arrival],” and were in a bed with a handgun on the bed as well, the Star Tribune reported. A spokesman for the local sheriff’s office said that there was no suspect being sought and no risk to the public.

Dennis Mathieson, a longtime business partner of Irwin Jacobs, told the Star Tribune that he learned of Jacobs’ responsibility for the incident from a phone call with Irwin Jacobs’ son Mark and secretary. Alexandra Jacobs “had been in a wheelchair for the last year or so and had signs of dementia. Irwin was just distraught over her condition,” Mathieson said, adding that he had spoken with Irwin Jacobs around three days ago and “he was upbeat. I talked with his son Mark yesterday, and he talked to both of them. He said Irwin seemed up.”

Jacobs, 77, was a corporate raider who specialized in turning around or liquidating struggling companies, known as “Irv the Liquidator.” His business holdings included companies that sold beer, boats and soap. Jacobs is listed in the Jewish Virtual Library’s entry on prominent Jewish businessmen. Alexandra was a local artist. The couple’s daughter Sheila has cerebral palsy, and the Jacobses were major supporters of organizations like the Special Olympics, for which he once served as chairman, after donating $8 million in 1991.
Read more: https://forward.com/fast-forward/422...esota-mansion/

Jacobs listed the 32-acre property in 2014 for $22 million before later taking it off the market. He told the Star Tribune at the time he was contemplating the sale that he expected to die in that house, where he had lived for 42 years. “There’s too much property, and the kids are concerned,” Jacobs said. “I really thought I’d die here — but I didn’t want to burden my wife if something happened to me.”

Last edited by larslindroth; 04-10-2019 at 04:08 PM.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:38 PM
Registered

I enjoyed this video too on my lunch break. Never met Mr. Jacobs, but he sure seems to have been a doer that affected many folks in very positive ways. May he and his beloved wife R.I.P.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:54 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by larslindroth
Alexandra Jacobs “had been in a wheelchair for the last year or so and had signs of dementia. Irwin was just distraught over her condition,” Mathieson said, adding that he had spoken with Irwin Jacobs around three days ago and “he was upbeat. I talked with his son Mark yesterday, and he talked to both of them. He said Irwin seemed up.”
could be a true love story ending.

Thanks for the heads up and articles Bup and others. very interesting.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:57 PM
BUP
Banned

I want to bring this up yes their was good but their was not so good as well. After he filed chapter 11 in 2009 it did put a hurt on many -- especially small marine industry bizs that did not get paid by him. Many went out of biz because of him and he still lived life very nice. One look at the house will prove that in the link I posted.

He was able to buy back 6 of his boat companies for pennies on the dollar bringing in this guy. The owner of Paul Mitchell hair care products. Actually that was not fair to be able to even buy back your bankrupt boat companies..

This guy aka Paul Mitchell lives in Austin Texas and has this company as well.

https://www.fundable.com/learn/start...n-paul-dejoria

Last edited by BUP; 04-12-2019 at 01:20 AM.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:05 PM
BUP
Banned

https://www.tradeonlytoday.com/colum...d-acquisitions
Old 04-10-2019, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
I want to bring this up yes their was good but their was not so good as well. After he filed chapter 11 in 2009 it did put a hurt on many -- especially small marine industry bizs that did not get paid by him. Many went of biz become of him and he still live life very nice. One look at the house will prove that in the link I posted.

He was able to buy back 6 of his boat companies for pennies on the dollar bringing in this guy. The owner of Paul Mitchell hair care products. Actually that was not fair to be able to even buy back your bankrupt boat companies..

This guy aka Paul Mitchell lives in Austin Texas and has this company as well.

https://www.fundable.com/learn/start...n-paul-dejoria
unfortunate but such is business.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:21 PM
Registered

Default Great article.

This was a good read. Enjoyed the article very much.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Tragic story.......

The Jon Paul Dejoria guy has Paul Mitchell/Patron and his son in law is Jesse James the West Coast Chopper guy. Maybe Jesse will start building badass boats!