Notices

Ceramic Coating

Old 06-11-2019, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 2,970 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullhead
Thanks for the great info.....do you think it would be smart to have it done on a brand new boat?
I think that's the perfect time to do it actually because it's locking in whatever is under it. So, put it on from the factory and you're keeping that factory look for years to come.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

I just had all three boats coated last month and the results are amazing. I obviously cannot give any long term feedback yet, but the boats look like new and the water just sheets off leaving them nearly dry. I used Vessel Clean out of Orange Beach, AL and had them do everything, inside and out, including all of the seats and even the fish boxes. I am hoping that it makes the cleanup easier and saves my arms from a few years of waxing. So far so good.

Here are a few pictures of the finished boats. These pictures were taken inside the warehouse a few days after the boats were coated, but you can still see how it gives the boats a wet look. They say it will stay this way for several years. We shall see, but I know quite a few people that have had it done in the past and are very happy with it. I know our local sport fishing guys love it because the fish blood washes right out and the diesel soot just rinses off of the transom at the end of the day.

Please keep in mind that the boats are not new. The Cigarette is 14 years old, the Yellowfin is 4 years old and the Donzi is 25 years old, but was just repainted and restored 2 years ago. As mentioned above, Vessel Clean spent several days on the prep work for each boat before actually coating them to get these results.

Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_4299.mov (1.39 MB, 55 views)

Last edited by Hot Duck; 06-11-2019 at 05:33 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 406 Likes on 181 Posts

How much does it cost?
Old 06-11-2019, 05:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Craney
How much does it cost?
Anywhere from $70-140 per foot depending on the shape of the boat and the prep needed. The center console was my most expensive because I had them coat all of the storage boxes, fish boxes, live wells, seats, t top, bathroom, outriggers, etc. It's not cheap, but I have seen it work on other boats. Last year we went down to the keys for a few weeks for the Yellowfin Owners Tournament. Every day, the guy next to us in the marina would come in, unload his fish and gear, hose the boat off and walk away. We spent the usual time with brushes, soap and then chamois dry. Every morning his boat looked just as good as ours. I asked him if he came back each night and cleaned up, but he said that he just hoses it off and walks away thanks to the ceramic coating. He had a small water filter on the dock hooked to his hose. He said that as long as the water is pure (no hard water, minerals, rust, iron, etc) there is no need to dry the boat. It rinses off nearly dry and if the water is clean it does not leave water spots. I have not looked into a water filter for our slip, so i am still drying after rinsing the salt off, just to be sure.

Last edited by Hot Duck; 06-11-2019 at 06:47 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 2,970 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Duck
Anywhere from $70-140 per foot depending on the shape of the boat and the prep needed. The center console was my most expensive because I had them coat all of the storage boxes, fish boxes, live wells, seats, t top, bathroom, outriggers, etc. It's not cheap, but I have seen it work on other boats. Last year we went down to the keys for a few weeks for the Yellowfin Owners Tournament. Every day, the guy next to us in the marina would come in, unload his fish and gear, hose the boat off and walk away. We spent the usual time with brushes, soap and then chamois dry. Every morning his boat looked just as good as ours. I asked him if he came back each night and cleaned up, but he said that he just hoses it off and walks away thanks to the ceramic coating. He had a small water filter on the dock hooked to his hose. He said that as long as the water is pure (no hard water, minerals, rust, iron, etc) there is no need to dry the boat. It rinses off nearly dry and if the water is clean it does not get water spots. I have not looked into a water filter for our slip, so i am still drying after rinsing the salt off, just to be sure.
Cheap and easy...De-ionized filter. "Spot free".

https://dripdryspotless.com/
Old 06-11-2019, 06:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by thisistank
Cheap and easy...De-ionized filter. "Spot free".

https://dripdryspotless.com/
Thanks Tank!

Last edited by Hot Duck; 06-11-2019 at 06:51 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 339 Posts

Has anyone put it on non skid? Is it too slippery?
Old 06-12-2019, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
Did it to our Fountain with our product. Going on season 3. Haven’t waxed it for 3 years. All I Spray on is our world famous Bead Maker. And every time I wipe it down it’s like it was waxed a week before. The shine with ceramic coating is amazing as well.
Beadmaker is my new go to for all my vehicles. I was afraid to try it on the deck of our Formula because it is so slick. I will definitely be using it on the hull sides. It works great over the ceramic on my daily driver.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 830 Likes on 350 Posts

I’ve been looking into this lately too and it seems if done correctly the benefits are way worth it. Not having worry about thorough washing and waxing several times a season would be awesome!
Old 06-12-2019, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Instead of one of the ones that lasts years and are a total pain in the ass to apply you can go with Hydrosilex. It is DIY application, lasts several months, and is literally spray on and microfiber wipe off. It is noticeable after the first coat but builds up. After about 4 coats it really stands the test of time. Plus you can spray it on everything, glass, etc. On windows it works like Rain X. It's fast enough to apply that you can do it in just a few minutes after washing the boat/car/etc. The best part is all the dirt that gets on the protected surfaces seems to just wash off by itself, it's like it just stays cleaner to begin with.

I have been using it on everything since my brother showed it to me. I don't have pics of my boat but here are a couple cars. The G37 is always outside and has about 65k miles on it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.