Notices

Low water pressure

Old 07-31-2019, 09:52 AM
B38
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Remove suction hose off of pump, install garden hose end in and clamp it tight. Fire up hose and backflush everything to drive. If you have any restrictions you will notice by doing other motor and compare flow rate. Should be the same. If it's o ring should see water leaking in gimbal or drive connection.
good luck brother
Old 07-31-2019, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bravoitis?
Old 08-01-2019, 07:46 AM
B38
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by chartersj
Bravoitis?
Ditto, my thoughts exactly.
Old 08-01-2019, 11:04 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

^^^^^^^ fairly clean lake waters that rarely ever happens - I have had maybe a couple of handfuls that has happened to for the local boaters in my area and that is over 30 years. Heavy based mineral content and or ocean water then year that can be an issue.

there is a 1990 Mercruiser SB all about that and it mentions saltwater use. .

The poster is in L I -- NY so he prob does boat in salt waters and that would be a good place to check out - the inset has collapsed and or is crudded up causing a inlet water flow restriction

Last edited by BUP; 08-01-2019 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-03-2019, 08:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
^^^^^^^ fairly clean lake waters that rarely ever happens - I have had maybe a couple of handfuls that has happened to for the local boaters in my area and that is over 30 years. Heavy based mineral content and or ocean water then year that can be an issue.

there is a 1990 Mercruiser SB all about that and it mentions saltwater use. .

The poster is in L I -- NY so he prob does boat in salt waters and that would be a good place to check out - the inset has collapsed and or is crudded up causing a inlet water flow restriction
I checked for corrosion on both sides. And it is true it is a saltwater boat now. My new thought is the intake hose in the drive is collapsing . Will be changing it today. Hope that’s the issue. Not much left to try after that. Thanks for the input
Old 08-04-2019, 08:58 AM
Registered

Changes the intake hose in the drive. It was crusty. Not a fun job. Did it 4 times in two years . Both sides on my boat and did my friends power play . Good thing I’m not fat. But problem solved