Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Solomons Island MD..........overnighter/booze cruise? >

Solomons Island MD..........overnighter/booze cruise?

Notices

Solomons Island MD..........overnighter/booze cruise?

Old 07-31-2019, 07:56 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Solomons Island MD..........overnighter/booze cruise?

Might be taking a trip this weekend...... couple boats. Stopped in once passing through but that was 12-15 years ago. I've heard Solomons isn't what it once was but where to slip a 40'er? I hear this "Tiki bar" is the only place worth going now? Seems there is more there than that.

EDIT: Just talked to a guy that is going.....but another guy "organized" the trip (I use that term loosely). He claims they are staying AT the Tiki Bar.....do they even have slips? I'll call tomorrow but not sure what I'm getting into.
Old 07-31-2019, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tiki Doesn"t really have slips. There is a docking location located directly across the street and from what i recall there are only 3 or 4 actual slips and then a short part of the pier juts out for docking with side tie up as well. Im not sure if the pier is Tiki property or if its county owned. I do know from past experience that its first come first serve with no fee for docking. Getting a 40' boat in there would be a stretch. Good luck. Might be best to put that one on the hook and get taxied into the dock.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:12 PM
Registered

Location: Solomons Island, MD, Vero Beach and Punta Gorda, FL
Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by t500hps
Might be taking a trip this weekend...... couple boats. Stopped in once passing through but that was 12-15 years ago. I've heard Solomons isn't what it once was but where to slip a 40'er? I hear this "Tiki bar" is the only place worth going now? Seems there is more there than that.

EDIT: Just talked to a guy that is going.....but another guy "organized" the trip (I use that term loosely). He claims they are staying AT the Tiki Bar.....do they even have slips? I'll call tomorrow but not sure what I'm getting into.
When are you showing up at Tiki. The Maryland Power Boat Club who runs in that area can help. I docked a 42 Tiger at Tiki every weekend for 10 years (now dock a Top Gun there on weekends) and it is NOT a stretch to get into tiki if slips are empty. My cell is 301-399-1799. Text if you like

Ed
Old 07-31-2019, 02:39 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by fandango
When are you showing up at Tiki. The Maryland Power Boat Club who runs in that area can help. I docked a 42 Tiger at Tiki every weekend for 10 years (now dock a Top Gun there on weekends) and it is NOT a stretch to get into tiki if slips are empty. My cell is 301-399-1799. Text if you like

Ed
Thanks. I called Tiki a little while ago and spoke to Rich. He said he'd help find something when I showed up but it's likely full by 6-7pm when I expect to show up Fri......and that they charge $2.50/ft for overnighters (plan was to stay fri and sat nights). Hoping to find out these guys are actually staying somewhere close by with dedicated slips....waiting on a call-back. (it's 3 boats, 2 of them are 45 Vikings)
Old 07-31-2019, 02:52 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

you can go up the back creek a little bit to Beacon Marina, there is an awesome place called Anglers right there on premise as well as the Comfort inn, the Lighthouse restaurant has great food and a pier, if you went there I'm sure you could stay on their pier, you can see the tiki bar from their deck. its literally 100 yards or so away. then "the Pier" out front on the patuxent side is good, also Kingfishers. if you head up the Patuxent a bit, there is Veras, and stoneys a little further up on broomes island.. plenty of places and great food. Zanhizers has slips for big boats too.