Notices

CC 260 Stinger.

Old 08-22-2019, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CC 260 Stinger.

Hello all. Again another newbie so please bare with me. I have been browsing and feel there is a tone of knowledgeable people on this site that could help. So my friends say I知 crazy but my wife says do it. I am looking at a 260 stinger Pre 85. My game plan is to turn it into a center console with the stern drives in place. Extra large swim platform of the back. Extensive mods I know but I love the lines and what I am after in a boat is only available from cigarette at a huge price. And way to big. I am also looking to mod it over to fuel injection and possibly bravo 3 out drives. I hear some not great things about the stinger hull. Can anyone pass along anymore info? Glass work I can do and this is going to be a 2 year project. I知 just wondering if I should be looking for a different foundation.
Thanks.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:09 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

i absolutly loved my old CC 260. this was mine

https://www.chriscraftstingers.com/g...lassDave%20260

i often thought the 31 CC Scorpion center console would make a pretty cool boat with stern drives.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 08-22-2019, 10:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 372 Likes on 250 Posts

Also had a 260 was not very fast but big for a 26 ! Hull stringer were all nice except 2 stress cracks on the deck close to windshield... no regret great memories !
Old 08-23-2019, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome pictures.boat looks amazing. I really like the lines of the 26. I think I知 ok with 60mph. Family won稚 like going to fast anyway. I will however take an extra good look at the condition of the hull. Thanks for the input guys