Notices

Sea Deck Pros & Cons

Old 11-08-2019, 07:57 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Xtreme Marine did our Marine Mat, very good service. I went with Marine Mat over Seadeck because of the price, couldn't tell the difference when comparing apples to apples. For the cockpit lay in style was spec'd and I used wide "super" or commercial velcro, it's all plastic construction, with waterproof adhesive. Lowe's sells it on the shelf. That way no snaps to drill in the floor and very easy to remove, let's face it these boats always need to be worked on and with the vibrant colors in the floors it's a "awe chit" moment waiting to happen.

Old 11-08-2019, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

We have it on 2 of our boats; Nor-Tech 390CC and Monterey 335 SY (Cabin Cruiser). They are both the same color, and it is hard to keep clean. Easy to clean, but it gets dirty fast. We take our dogs (90lb pittie and 85lb GSD) on our cabin cruiser and they have wore it out fast over the 2 seasons since taking delivery. I will probably change up to something solid this winter for that boat.
Old 07-07-2021, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 410 Likes on 183 Posts

I can’t believe it was 2 years ago I started this thread, but I just got my marine mat installed today,and it makes a big difference

The following 3 users liked this post by Craney:
AllDodge (07-08-2021), Plum_Crazy (07-07-2021), thisistank (07-08-2021)
Old 07-07-2021, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

I went with aqua traction in my Donzi. Much like the others although it is a closed cell material and doesn’t stain
The following users liked this post:
Padraig (07-08-2021)