Teams Ready For RWO Clearwater Offshore Nationals

Notices

Teams Ready For RWO Clearwater Offshore Nationals

Old 09-30-2019, 02:23 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike A.
To the extent the spectator fleet and hotel viewing areas mirrored prior years, it was only because those folks had no idea there was a switch from SBI to the rwo charade. False advertising and misrepresentation through concealment. Hopefully, Clearwater will switch to OPA next year, assuming it has an opening on its calendar, and we can go back to a real event. I would have to think the sponsors and promoters could not throw the rwo people out of town fast enough. If the sport is lucky, there will be fewer than 30 boats in KW and the sport can get going again. And please, get APBA out of the way. So worthless. I even heard there was an APBA rep at the event talking about their support for rwo. That is disgustingly disloyal, but sadly, par for the course.
Not arguing your other points, and I get your particular POV from past events, but hoping ANY venue doesn't draw boats is counter-productive and certainly disappointing IMO.
Old 09-30-2019, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Not arguing your other points, and I get your particular POV from past events, but hoping ANY venue doesn't draw boats is counter-productive and certainly disappointing IMO.
My perspective is a little different having lived through this before in a way no else has. This APBA / RWO garbage is really bad for the sport and in turn, fans of the sport, even if those fans do not see or understand it. If it helps, I hope there’s 300 poker run boats and one Super Cat in KW. That would be best for everyone.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:22 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

If it helps, I hope there’s 300 poker run boats and one Super Cat in KW.
If there are 300 PR boats I'm leaving mine home and asking $10k for my killer slip at the Galleon. LOL
Old 09-30-2019, 09:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

No one wants to discourage the races or any events. The negativity comes from a con artist that was awarded key west and the other events he is attempting to put on. There was no need for RWO to exist. I get sick of hearing “they put on races for 10 years as cropra. All that was is a sticker sbi have you to put on your boat at a sbi race’in key west. The arrogance that he will turn a profit the first year AND share it with the city is a real kick in the pants to the racers who have to fund this whole sport. No one disagrees that we all want the finals in KW just not like this. This is no different than when the supercats went to Alabama with oss.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

lead by the same supercat spokesman
Old 10-01-2019, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Fragmentation in this sport is not good,there is always one or two names that always re appear because they have there own agendas and egos to feed and to be honest they are the ones who have done the most damage over the years those of us that have been around know exactly who they are and to be honest I as well as many others wish it would stop it is getting redundant as in it starts to get better and then bam hey lets F THIS UP AGAIN.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
Fragmentation in this sport is not good,there is always one or two names that always re appear because they have there own agendas and egos to feed and to be honest they are the ones who have done the most damage over the years those of us that have been around know exactly who they are and to be honest I as well as many others wish it would stop it is getting redundant as in it starts to get better and then bam hey lets F THIS UP AGAIN.
And this explains why I have been so passionate about the betrayal of OPA, and the misrepresentations to racers, Clearwater, and Key West by RWO, APBA, and the “one or two names” to whom you refer. In 2003 I smelled the boycott coming and chose appeasement rather than throwing the leaders out on the first whiff. The sport has suffered ever since because of my decision.

Smitty is a better man than me, but if I were him I’d tell APBA and their partners in crime, including the “one or two names” to get lost. They will fail spectacularly as they did with OSS, but this time they won’t have the opportunity to race again once they do.
Old 10-01-2019, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

And this explains why I have been so passionate about the betrayal of OPA, and the misrepresentations to racers, Clearwater, and Key West by RWO, APBA, and the “one or two names” to whom you refer. In 2003 I smelled the boycott coming and chose appeasement rather than throwing the leaders out on the first whiff. The sport has suffered ever since because of my decision.

Smitty is a better man than me, but if I were him I’d tell APBA and their partners in crime, including the “one or two names” to get lost. They will fail spectacularly as they did with OSS, but this time they won’t have the opportunity to race again once they do.
This truly amazes me that the other racers that have been around for so many years do not see the same pattern of issues that continue to re appear and its the same ones over and over again I am baffled by this nonsense and this crap is the same reason many people have exited the sport or have there race boats sitting or converted them in to pleasure boats just look over the years who started there on little clubs or organizations and it will tell you who has done what the Only group that has stuck to there guns has been OPA for the most part and I commend them for sure.
Old 10-01-2019, 05:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
This truly amazes me that the other racers that have been around for so many years do not see the same pattern of issues that continue to re appear and its the same ones over and over again I am baffled by this nonsense and this crap is the same reason many people have exited the sport or have there race boats sitting or converted them in to pleasure boats just look over the years who started there on little clubs or organizations and it will tell you who has done what the Only group that has stuck to there guns has been OPA for the most part and I commend them for sure.
Amen! This time should be different, hopefully. When the boycott happened in 2003 and the boycotters formed OSS in 2004, they had a ready made product to steal, consisting of roughly 70 canopied boats. That gave them a few years of life before they petered out. As the 7 boats in Dunkirk, and 14 in Clearwater showed, there are not nearly enough boats to steal, or racers willing to follow the same ones over the cliff. APBA is obviously way past its prime and RWO has proven utterly incompetent. At the end of the day, the future of the sport lies with OPA. The sooner teams figure that out, the sooner this latest effort to derail the sport will blow away.
Old 10-02-2019, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I know you wouldn't accept it .
but if you ran the southern division of opa for a time
I believe it would succeed.

Any good plumber know,s poop run,s down hill .
Since you are down south and know the plumbing that's been installed over the years ,
you could clean the lines ,and get things flowing again .
just my way of saying you could still help turn this around.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.