Secret Mercury Audio Tape on Bravo Drives late 80’s >

Secret Mercury Audio Tape on Bravo Drives late 80’s

Notices

Secret Mercury Audio Tape on Bravo Drives late 80’s

Old 09-29-2019, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Secret Mercury Audio Tape on Bravo Drives late 80’s

This tape was bought at garage sale in Fond Du Lac, WI. The engineers speaking in the tape will remain unnamed.

In the Office:

Engineer 1) Here is a drawing of an outdrive that only requires one input direction; it will use a very sophisticated clutch mechanism to change prop direction.

Engineer 2) Wow, this will work. That is very interesting. Where is the gear lube fill plug going to be located?

Engineer 1) On the nose cone.

Engineer 2) That should be a simple spot to use while changing the gear lube.

2 Years Later In the Office:

Sales Department to the Engineering Department) Gear lube Sales are down anything you guys can do to help us out.

Engineering Department) Let us think about it and we will get back to you.

Later that Night:

Engineer 1) Dude pass me the bong ; I have an idea (insert Beavis and Butthead type laugh). Let’s move the gear lube drain and fill plug so far up the A&& of the nose cone that anyone with normal size fingers can barely get at it. That way when they remove the fill tube with 25 awkward turns of the hose and gear lube flinging all over the place; There is no way they can get the plug back in on the first or second try. By the time the plug gets replaced at least a half of QT of lube will have drained out.

Engineer 2) That is a great idea. The performance guys say it should also increase speed by .0000009 MPH too; so that is what we will use as the reason for the change.

End
………………….
Every time I change my gear lube I think to myself WTF, this is just crazy, there has to be a better way to get this accomplished. Thankfully, I only have to do it twice a year.

B!T(H over.