Notices

What happened to Mystic?

Old 10-13-2019, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What happened to Mystic?

Whatever happened to Mystic in racing after the C5000? the 40 Mystic that was supposed to be next big thing in offshore racing has never hit the water and i guess the 40 eventually became the C3800 pleasure boat, Mystic went from nothing to big with the C5000 and then back to nothing again. So what happened with Mystic in racing?

EDIT: This is not meant to bash Mystic and/or John Cosker, i`m just curious as to why they don`t have made another great racing cat since the C5000.

Last edited by Joestlaachmkr; 10-13-2019 at 12:14 PM. Reason: wrong words.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

I’m sure If Someone wanted a mystic race boat they’d be happy to build it .
Old 10-13-2019, 12:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bostonirish
I’m sure If Someone wanted a mystic race boat they’d be happy to build it .
Perhaps, but when was the last time someone ordered a Mystic race boat? just think of how many race boats both Skater and MTI have made during the last 5 years or so. It seems like they have fallen behind both Skater and MTI.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:34 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 554 Likes on 263 Posts

Cosker and company can barely keep up with the performance center console demand so their focus is on the M4200 and M3800 models for now.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jason Johnson
Cosker and company can barely keep up with the performance center console demand so their focus is on the M4200 and M3800 models for now.
I know Mystics M4200 and M3800 sells pretty well, but i would imagine that having a model specifically made racing or poker runs wouldn`t hurt their brand. It`s tough to get back into the racing market again if they first fall out of it, Just look at Jaguar, Talon or Motion.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Joestlaachmkr
I know Mystics M4200 and M3800 sells pretty well, but i would imagine that having a model specifically made racing or poker runs wouldn`t hurt their brand. It`s tough to get back into the racing market again if they first fall out of it, Just look at Jaguar, Talon or Motion.
Just market trends. Look at statement and sunsation. Have to go where the money is to keep the company alive.
Old 10-13-2019, 01:09 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,234 Posts

Originally Posted by Joestlaachmkr
John Cosker told me when he started building center consoles that it was difficult to create a viable company "building one million-dollar boat a year." The economics and market trends, as Jason Johnson and others have pointed out tell the story.

But there's even more to it. Yes, I'm reasonably sure that for the right price Mystic would build a C5000 or C4400. But it would come with some disruption of its center console production, which the company has geared itself to. This, too, is something I've spoken to Mr. Cosker about (at length).

You're right in that a successful new Mystic raceboat wouldn't "hurt" the brand. The question is: How much would it help it? What's the return on investment in terms of marketing clout and boosting sales? Very little, in my view.
Old 10-13-2019, 02:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
John Cosker told me when he started building center consoles that it was difficult to create a viable company "building one million-dollar boat a year." The economics and market trends, as Jason Johnson and others have pointed out tell the story.

But there's even more to it. Yes, I'm reasonably sure that for the right price Mystic would build a C5000 or C4400. But it would come with some disruption of its center console production, which the company has geared itself to. This, too, is something I've spoken to Mr. Cosker about (at length).

You're right in that a successful new Mystic raceboat wouldn't "hurt" the brand. The question is: How much would it help it? What's the return on investment in terms of marketing clout and boosting sales? Very little, in my view.
I understand that it`s not easy to make a good profit by producing race boats, but i dont think its a minus for any constructor if they produced a boat that most team owners would look at. Didn`t Cosker sell 3 or 4 C5000 within a year in 2008/09? but there was also more boats participating back then.

The C5000 feels a bit outdated in 2019 and it`s impossible to say how it would stand up against the newer designs to Skater and MTI, the C4400 is to my knowledge unproven under racing conditions so it would be a gamble for any owner to order a C4400 raceboat. The Mystic sunsations are beautiful boats, but it`s somehow weird that Mystic went from being the hottest constructor of raceboats in the good ole USA 10 years ago and they haven`t come up with a model specifically made for racing since then.

Cosker knows what he`s doing and he probably find it is more valuable to focus on the pleasure boat market atm. But why only focusing on one market instead of making your company grow? i`m sure if Mystic had a cat that were on or even above the levels of Skater or MTI they would make a solid profit.
Old 10-13-2019, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

Why dedicate space and labor into a million dollar maybe as the global economy starts to slow and the cc market stays strong?
Old 10-13-2019, 06:07 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm sure Victory filled the void of mystic if their was one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.