Notices

Smallest boat with BBC

Old 10-25-2019, 09:09 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 948 Likes on 477 Posts

It will be hard to find but try looking for a wellcraft nova ST some were made with twin bbc and they are 26' long

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 10-25-2019, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
What are you asking ? LOL.
Smallest twin BBC boat with those amenities ?
I read the title and thought that I’d get to see 17’ flat bottom Sangers in here, lol. Smallest boat with twins is a whole different question.

I have nothing of value to add here other than reading that twins in a boat under 33’ can be tricky to get the right balance on.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

I'd buy a new boat, doesn't surprise me you've gone thru a lot of money running a cruiser that kind of single BBC engine.

If your looking for suggestions get yourself a go-fast instead of a cruiser. If you want a crossover consider a newer Formula Crossover. Other alternatives would be a Formula SS, Intrepid, Cruisers Sport Series 279 Sport Cuddy, Cobalt, etc.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:56 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by Wally
It will be hard to find but try looking for a wellcraft nova ST some were made with twin bbc and they are 26' long
Yup. I agree.

We have one in the family with small blocks. Sometimes I have to have some teenagers help me when repairing some things. Can't imagine big blocks.

THat said, there was a member here and Speedjoke that had 454's and then went all out and got aluminum heads and small supperchargers. Maybe even 502-s - can't remember that part. Think he was from PA or MD...some where around there. Boat was fast.

Originally Posted by Baja Rooster

I read the title and thought that I’d get to see 17’ flat bottom Sangers in here, lol. Smallest boat with twins is a whole different question.
Yes, I think that's what started my confusion. It was late and I had a very physical day. In my condition it makes you very tired and dumb.
Old 10-25-2019, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

Appreciate the comments, this boat is hard enough to work on now. To get to anything on the starboard side many times requires exhaust man removal. Would like to remove the Gen but wife wants it to stay just in case. I probably won't do anything, but still think about it. Think I'm going to redesign the helm this winter

Don't want a new boat, not worth the coin and also no way I want any motor with CAT's