Profile: Donzi 38 ZRC—Welcome Back, Stunner >

Profile: Donzi 38 ZRC—Welcome Back, Stunner

Like Tree8Likes

Profile: Donzi 38 ZRC—Welcome Back, Stunner

Old 12-17-2019, 09:59 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Default Profile: Donzi 38 ZRC—Welcome Back, Stunner

Powered by staggered Mercury Racing 860 engines, the Donzi 38 ZRC returns in fine fashion, https://speedonthewater.com/new-boat...e-back-stunner.
Old 12-18-2019, 07:14 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I want it !
Padraig likes this.
Old 12-18-2019, 11:25 AM
Registered

Just an awesome timeless boat. You are right Matt!
Old 12-18-2019, 12:29 PM
Registered

No doubt a great looking boat with classic clean lines . But is it me or is the new catch phrase these days “ reimagined “? Not redesigned. reimagined . Reminds me of the movies these days. Just remaking movies instead of new ideas. I hope they can sell a few of these “ reimagined” boats .
Old 12-18-2019, 01:03 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Originally Posted by Bostonirish View Post
No doubt a great looking boat with classic clean lines . But is it me or is the new catch phrase these days “ reimagined “? Not redesigned. reimagined . Reminds me of the movies these days. Just remaking movies instead of new ideas. I hope they can sell a few of these “ reimagined” boats .
I didn't use that word in my story (and you didn't say I did), but your usage did make me laugh. Yes, "reimagined" generally means "old stuff we hope we can sell."

In this case, I'm going to gently disagree with you as it applies to the Donzi 38 ZRC. That boat's aesthetics were way ahead of their time when it debuted in 2002. To my way of thinking, despite that I've been looking at it off and on for 17 years, it's still fresh and contemporary. If you didn't know it was a 2002 model-year release, the boat could fit right in with much of what's out there now in the sit-down V-bottom market.
pstorti and BONDO10 like this.
Old 12-18-2019, 02:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio View Post
I didn't use that word in my story (and you didn't say I did), but your usage did make me laugh. Yes, "reimagined" generally means "old stuff we hope we can sell."

In this case, I'm going to gently disagree with you as it applies to the Donzi 38 ZRC. That boat's aesthetics were way ahead of their time when it debuted in 2002. To my way of thinking, despite that I've been looking at it off and on for 17 years, it's still fresh and contemporary. If you didn't know it was a 2002 model-year release, the boat could fit right in with much of what's out there now in the sit-down V-bottom market.
i realize you didn’t use the word just Feel like I’ve read it and seen it quite a bit lately. As I also said the boat is without question a beauty . As a true boat lover i can appreciate many different models and makes my comments were by no means a knock on this boat or the new “ reimagined “ 47 fountain. I wish the company the best of luck
Old 12-18-2019, 03:17 PM
Registered

i realize you didn’t use the word just Feel like I’ve read it and seen it quite a bit lately. As I also said the boat is without question a beauty . As a true boat lover i can appreciate many different models and makes my comments were by no means a knock on this boat or the new “ reimagined “ 47 fountain. I wish the company the best of luck
Your PM box is full BahstonIrish.
Old 12-18-2019, 07:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio View Post

As usual, Matt is right - as he is about most things he writes about.... but every now and then even Matt gets a small detail wrong. The original 2002 ZRC's came with HP 500's, not 525's as was mentioned in the article.
Old 12-19-2019, 07:39 AM
Registered

I had the same thought.........followed by if they offer the Fountain 42 Poker Run or this ZRC which one are buyers going to choose if the pricing is similar? I'd go 42 PR, I like the ZRC but hate the canopies, wouldn't want the old bottom design vs. Reggie's well proven 42 bottom. Face it, struggling companies are not going to dump big money into R&D on a new boat if they can repackage what they have to sell it again especially in a shrinking market. Just glance at any big poker run and you will not see a whole lot of brand new I/O vees, never mind sit down I/O vees and the new ones you do see mostly come from Outerlimits.
Bostonirish likes this.
Old 12-19-2019, 09:07 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Originally Posted by Marginmn View Post
As usual, Matt is right - as he is about most things he writes about.... but every now and then even Matt gets a small detail wrong. The original 2002 ZRC's came with HP 500's, not 525's as was mentioned in the article.
I make my share of errors, such as this one (damn, I wish I had my old Powerboat magazines to refer to), but the smaller they are the better. Thanks for the heads-up and the kind words. Fixing my error now.
Marginmn likes this.

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser