Notices

Miami boat show.

Old 01-08-2020, 11:00 AM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Miami boat show.

Who’s headed to the Miami boat show this year? Thinking about going and need to book flights and rooms.
Old 01-08-2020, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to be at the show some time between the 14th and the 16th.
Not sure of the exact day yet as I will be driving down from the Toronto area and spending all of Feb. in FL.
I will be in the Clearwater, Fort Myers areas as well as Miami and I may go down to the Keys to Marathon for a few days.
Plans are flexible.
Woulld love to meet up with some of the members of this site at the show if any have displays, etc.

Old 01-08-2020, 01:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 250 Likes on 126 Posts

I am returning from a cruise on the 10th back into Miami....trying to talk the lady into staying a few extra days and hitting the show but we'll see
Old 01-09-2020, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

We're in!
Old 01-09-2020, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Logistically, it sure was easier when it was at the Convention Center, partied on South Beach, 4am breakfast at the 11th Street Diner and crashed at the Clevelander. Just my 2 cents. Lot less to plan
Old 01-09-2020, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by cigrocket
Logistically, it sure was easier when it was at the Convention Center, partied on South Beach, 4am breakfast at the 11th Street Diner and crashed at the Clevelander. Just my 2 cents. Lot less to plan
spent more time sitting in traffic last year than looking at boats .
Old 01-11-2020, 06:04 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Agreed, the South Beach convention center was convenient. We still stay on SB; generally someone from our boating crew brings a boat down for the week making the commute to Virginia Key awesome. The other positive is we seem to spend a lot more time outside. Being from the Midwest, this is much needed vitamin D after 3.5 months of minimal / zero sunshine. One BIG negative, the Miami Boat show does not sell Bud Light. This has been a major problem in the past, hoping this is resolved for 2020.

See ya in Miami
Old 01-11-2020, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by 39 Unlimited
Agreed, the South Beach convention center was convenient. We still stay on SB; generally someone from our boating crew brings a boat down for the week making the commute to Virginia Key awesome. The other positive is we seem to spend a lot more time outside. Being from the Midwest, this is much needed vitamin D after 3.5 months of minimal / zero sunshine. One BIG negative, the Miami Boat show does not sell Bud Light. This has been a major problem in the past, hoping this is resolved for 2020.

See ya in Miami
I remember that !! No anheuser Busch products at all . Probably a union issue to be honest it happens at the trade shows I attend in Boston all the time . One year they have Budweiser next year they seem to have miller . Soooo I go to the hard stuff !!
Old 01-13-2020, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

I actually like it better where it is at now vs the convention center. Something about the boats floating on the water outdoors just makes it more enjoyable. We get up early and get there before traffic. At the end of the day, just turn left and go get dinner down the island. The traffic will be gone by the time you are done. This worked out very well for us the last 2 years.