Notices

Photobucket

Old 01-15-2020, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Photobucket

Has anybody figured out the secret to this site yet? I Paid my upgrade plan fee and now I can't see any of my pics...over 800 !!
Old 01-15-2020, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Im in the same bucket....If anyone knows a way to easily save all my piks I have stored on that site, it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-16-2020, 04:25 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

I'm having the same issue and messaged them about a week and a half ago. They replied:

"Thanks for reaching out. Our team has nearly resolved all site issues caused by the outage, however, some accounts are still experiencing issues. Unfortunately, your account is one of the accounts that are still affected. Our team has been working non-stop to resolve all remaining site issues.

We currently don't have an estimated time when these issues will be fixed but we are hoping that this will be resolved as soon as possible. We'll reach back out to you once we have an update. Again, our apologies for the inconvenience this is causing you."

Why am I thinking they got hacked and lost all of my pics? I hope I'm wrong.
Old 01-16-2020, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

Don't know, but as soon as they changed to wanting to charge (forget how long ago that was), I downloaded all my pics back and closed the account
Old 01-16-2020, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

I lost all my pictures on this site when Steve sold OSO.
The only ones I have on here are new ones I have put on, and not many.
I lost hundreds and can't seem to get them back
Any help would be appreciated
Old 01-16-2020, 01:06 PM
Registered

I just got this same "Canned" response this morning:Richmond (Photobucket Support)

Jan 16, 9:55 AM MST
Hello,

Our team has nearly resolved all site issues caused by the outage, however, some accounts are still experiencing issues. Unfortunately, your account is one of the accounts that are still affected. Our team has been working non-stop to resolve all remaining site issues.

We currently don't have an estimated time when these issues will be fixed but we are hoping that this will be resolved as soon as possible. We'll reach back out to you once we have an update. Again, our apologies for the inconvenience this is causing you.

Best,

Richmond@Photobucket Support

Have a question about something else? Our help site is packed with articles to get the help you need quickly. Click this link to access our help site - http://support.photobucket.com/home.
I chronicled the restoration of my 1979 Formula 255 Liberator on this forum...most of the pics are on Photobucket...Seems that within weeks of joining the "Monthly" plan I lost all access. I hope this gets resolved.

Last edited by sprink58; 01-16-2020 at 01:09 PM.
Old 01-16-2020, 01:15 PM
Registered

Lucky Strike,
I hope you get them back...I followed a lot of your comments and projects over the past 10 years that I have been a member of OSO...if I learn of anything I will pass it on.

Those of us that "Cut our Teeth" with South Florida Boating are a big part of the "Back Bone" of the Offshore Hobby.

Best of luck.
Old 01-16-2020, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Using a 3rd party middleman is not a good choice. If you want to host pictures outside of your own computers I highly suggest Amazon AWS S3. DropBox and the majority of picture, backup services use Amazon AWS S3, as well as Netflix. You are paying a middle man extra money who you then need to trust.

For instance PhotoBucket no idea who they use as their backend. But their lowest priced plan is $5.99 for 25 GB with 2,500 object limit. With Amazon AWS S3 no object limit, $0.75, yes seventy five cents for 25 GB. That is for standard access, there are lower costs for more infrequent access or glacier access. Here is their cost calculator. https://calculator.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html

With Amazon AWS S3 you can upload and download via browser, there are some apps and or browser extensions as well, but the best is the CLI (command line interface). You can use their command line to backup any kind of file, set it in a cron job and does it automatically in the background. In fact their glacier service can be setup to backup your whole "operating system". You can also place your files in multiple locations around the world, so if one location goes up in smoke, you still have another copy on the other side of the country or world.
https://aws.amazon.com/s3/
https://aws.amazon.com/glacier/

If you want to share photos or files you can make them publicly accessible and simply copy & paste the supplied link into a forum, email, text etc.

Stay away from the middleman online, you will always lose. Take the time to educate yourself and use the real service providers. Amazon host 2/3's of the world websites for a good reason, Google, Microsoft Azure, RackSpace, etc., all have similar capabilities as Amazon AWS S3, of course Amazon was one of the first to provide a simple browser, cli, file storage solution that can be utilized in conjunction with content delivery systems. Almost all backup, photo service providers are only in it to take your money, they use one of the big service providers, with their frontend, and do not care what happens to your files. They are certainly not hosting in multiple locations, as each location increases cost. If you are hosting 25 GB of pictures with Amazon AWS S3 at $0.75 it goes up to a whole $1.50 for two locations for the standard service, less for infrequent or glacier. Every time a file is uploaded or downloaded, there is an additional bandwidth charge, that charge is minimal.

For instance two of my buckets for one month of charges:
$1.20 total for two locations one in Oregon one in Virginia.
$0.005 per 1,000 PUT, COPY, POST, or LIST requests 10,324.000 Requests $0.05
$0.004 per 10,000 GET and all other requests 371.000 Requests $0.00
$0.023 per GB - first 50 TB / month of storage used 49.948 GB-Mo $1.15

The more storage space you use the cheaper it gets per GB.

Besides storing or providing access to files on Amazon AWS S3, you can serve a static website. You can load up one of the simple static image websites, and serve all or some of your photos at a low cost without having to run a webserver.

The only way you can provide some safety from losing photos and other files is to use a service like Amazon AWS S3. Your house could burn down, a lightning strike can turn computers and hardrives into toast, hardrives eventually stop working, all of them. Then there is theft. In other words, if you do not want to lose electronic files, back them up in multiple locations. Never trust a 3rd party middleman to do it for you. Using Amazon, Microsoft, Google etc., there is always the chance that they will lose them also. But if you follow standard practice of multiple locations and or multiple service providers, chances are far better than some 3rd party middleman.