Statement Marine Acquires Pilini Marine Assets >

Statement Marine Acquires Pilini Marine Assets

Notices

Statement Marine Acquires Pilini Marine Assets

Old 01-27-2020, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 1,317 Likes on 735 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Jay still builds center consoles and other boats that I am sure will continue on.
The way he starts a company then sells is almost like another famous builder did,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 01-27-2020, 12:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

I though Pilini had a deal with Randy Kent at Midwest boat Center?
Old 01-28-2020, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullhead
I though Pilini had a deal with Randy Kent at Midwest boat Center?
Talked to Randy at a boat show this past weekend. He found out while reading the Speed on the Water story online.
Old 01-28-2020, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 632 Likes on 292 Posts
Default Is this cycle over? Dire financial straits ahead for boating industry?

Originally Posted by BrettM
Talked to Randy at a boat show this past weekend. He found out while reading the Speed on the Water story online.
Wild stuff! The 37 SCX was in many ways a design collaboration.

24 CC that they sell local here

https://pilinimarine.com/models/
Statement's ex. production manager, John Amerman, got the rights to the 2nd Spectre SCS 24 CC mold from Statement and that Pilini had sold to Statement. Amerman has built 5-6 very high quality boats so far as the Outlaw Revolution 24 by his company Executive Marine LLC, also in St. Pete, FL. In the line of Don Aronow's reasoning; a few might make a buck selling boat companies, but building, selling and racing boats are expensive hobbies. May all involved be happy when this is settled and done. They've all contributed tremendously to keeping performance boating alive and well so far.

Old 01-28-2020, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 257 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by larslindroth

Statement's ex. production manager, John Amerman, got the rights to the 2nd Spectre SCS 24 CC mold from Statement and that Pilini had sold to Statement. Amerman has built 5-6 very high quality boats so far as the Outlaw Revolution 24 by his company Executive Marine LLC, also in St. Pete, FL. In the line of Don Aronow's reasoning; a few might make a buck selling boat companies, but building, selling and racing boats are expensive hobbies. May all involved be happy when this is settled and done. They've all contributed tremendously to keeping performance boating alive and well so far.
I am friends with John and did not know he bought the molds. I know They are being Sold (might be back inventory until gone) as Pillini right in Dunedin where I live.

Nick and John are both good friends of mine and I love what they do and know that what they do is made with passion and love for boating and it shows.
Old 01-28-2020, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

From speaking to people in the industry the last few months a few stated that “word was” that he was having “financial problems”. Again this is just what people that know him were saying .

But it makes sense if he sells his business assets a few short months later........so odd that he builds a partnership to sell the new 37 then sells all the molds and assets without notifying the people that sell his boats??
Old 01-28-2020, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 632 Likes on 292 Posts
Default Outlaw Power Boats by Executive Marine LLC

I am friends with John and did not know he bought the molds. I know They are being Sold (might be back inventory until gone) as Pillini right in Dunedin where I live.

Nick and John are both good friends of mine and I love what they do and know that what they do is made with passion and love for boating and it shows.
To clarify the info I got. The mold John Amerman builds his Outlaw Power Boat Revolution 24 from is the 2nd mold Jay Pilini made for his Spectre 24 SCS and I was told John got it from Statement. It's a wonderfully built boat with a grid system core. It's Jay's long in the process evolution of the Challenger 21-Apache 22, that he created his Motion 22 and then kept honing into what it finally became. A buddy of mine was considering the 2019 fully rigged one with a Merc 300R, but another older boat stole his attention. Amerman has a great reputation due to all the type of quality work his Executive Marine does, so I hope he eventually expands into a couple more models.

Last edited by larslindroth; 01-28-2020 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-31-2020, 11:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

The title to article in the SOTW year in Review Magazine is a bit ironic