Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Latest Cigarette 515 Goes Next-Level Custom >

Latest Cigarette 515 Goes Next-Level Custom

Notices

Latest Cigarette 515 Goes Next-Level Custom

Old 02-05-2020, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 374 Posts

I don’t blame the new owner on wanting to skip town on the Miami boat show...it’s adds nothing but risk. Not to mention this isn’t a new debut...if cig wants to showcase one they should on there own dime and sell it after.
Old 02-05-2020, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 204 Likes on 97 Posts

I'll make the assumption its going to LOTO, salt does change perception. There is still time for that to change however. Cig, great brand, like pulling teeth trying to get info on a boat if your not an original owner but it is what it is. That 515 will be solid !!!
Old 02-06-2020, 06:41 AM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Bostonirish
It’s too bad they won’t have it there. I remember when a “ Miami boat show” boat carried some clout .
Im sure there will still be plenty of bling at Cigarette and the rest of the show. Would you realistically want your brand new 7 figure boat at the show?
Old 02-06-2020, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
Im sure there will still be plenty of bling at Cigarette and the rest of the show. Would you realistically want your brand new 7 figure boat at the show?
I agree, if you had the choice why would you let in sit in the water for a week. Fresh or salt water. I just don’t see what any owner would get out of having their boat in the show. I bet this boat is approaching 1.5 million so any kick back from cig isn’t going to mean a whole lot.
Old 02-06-2020, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 897 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1
I don’t blame the new owner on wanting to skip town on the Miami boat show...it’s adds nothing but risk. Not to mention this isn’t a new debut...if cig wants to showcase one they should on there own dime and sell it after.
Remember the brand new 51 Outerlimits GTX sunk at the Ft Lauderdale boat show. Boat was named Candy Shop or something similar. There are pics of it with the motors submerged and bow pointing at the horizon!

Found pics:
2004 Outerlimits GTX 47
Old 02-06-2020, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

I get it! I’m not arguing . If the owner doesn’t want it there that is 100% the owners decision. A boat sitting in the water for 5 days though hardly seems like a bad idea to me and it’s not like people are climbing all over these Boats in Miami . It’s more of walking by and looking in. Just my opinion though . Awesome boat and congrats to the new owner
Old 02-06-2020, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 3,101 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Originally Posted by jbraun2828
I agree, if you had the choice why would you let in sit in the water for a week. Fresh or salt water. I just don’t see what any owner would get out of having their boat in the show. I bet this boat is approaching 1.5 million so any kick back from cig isn’t going to mean a whole lot.
LOL..."approaching"...Blew past that. The standard 50 was that. I'm guessing these 515's are approaching 3 mil.

Maybe we'll get to see it in person at the Cig run in June.
Old 02-06-2020, 12:09 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,212 Likes on 525 Posts

Only if it was hanging upside down 10 feet in the air, where people could admire it, yet not touch it. For this same reason, the tilt trailer is brilliant. People can see it, but you can't board it unless someone vettes you and takes the time to bring it down. I personally LOVED the tilt V-bottom trailer that Pier57 and Cigarette built years ago for the Miami Boat Show, and later modified to fit the Cigarette CCs.

As someone who has worked many boat shows including the Miami Boat Show...
...people are filthy, disrespectful animals. And their kids are worse. I can't even put into words the booshee that I've seen and experienced.
Old 02-06-2020, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 558 Likes on 338 Posts

gorgeous!

congrats to all involved

would love to see some vids of this running

Old 02-06-2020, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Only if it was hanging upside down 10 feet in the air, where people could admire it, yet not touch it. For this same reason, the tilt trailer is brilliant. People can see it, but you can't board it unless someone vettes you and takes the time to bring it down. I personally LOVED the tilt V-bottom trailer that Pier57 and Cigarette built years ago for the Miami Boat Show, and later modified to fit the Cigarette CCs.

As someone who has worked many boat shows including the Miami Boat Show...
...people are filthy, disrespectful animals. And their kids are worse. I can't even put into words the booshee that I've seen and experienced.
At the Miami show though people cant board the boat. It is nothing more than an in water display that really you cant touch either.

I get customers not wanting it in the show but even if it was it isn't like the old indoor set up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.