Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Beaufort SC area go fast boaters? >

Beaufort SC area go fast boaters?

Notices

Beaufort SC area go fast boaters?

Old 02-03-2020, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Beaufort SC area go fast boaters?

Lots of center consoles here. Pretty much one on every lift. I seen (and heard) one guy running past my dock in an inboard V hull. Too far away to tell what it was.
Funny how regional boat selection is, as well as outboard brands. Seems it 90% Yamaha around here. Folks are a bit surprised to see my 300XS, even more surprised by the boat. Always get asked about it.
Old 02-03-2020, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 303 Likes on 152 Posts

Exact same situation around Pensacola (Perdido Key, Ono Island). Center consoles, multiple Yamaha outboards.

Last edited by F14A water jet; 02-05-2020 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-05-2020, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Same here in Greenville/ Lake Hartwell. Only seen two Scarabs, both on trailers & one Hot Boat.

With the Lake Norman poker run, I bet there are a few
Old 02-05-2020, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just purchased 2007 38 Donzi ZR with 525 on Monday, We will be boating in the Charleston area.
Old 02-12-2020, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

If you haven't seen it already, Check out the Charleston Poker Run
Old 02-13-2020, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That’s my back yard. Will be there in full force!
Old 02-13-2020, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 3,015 Likes on 987 Posts

That area looks so nice! I've perused the water front house listing there and Hilton Head for the past year or so thinking about retirement spots. LOVE The architecture in the area. A lot of house for the money too.

Always wondered about the boating scene. Plus the water looks dirty unlike further south. And hows the boating destinations in the area?
Old 02-13-2020, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
That area looks so nice! I've perused the water front house listing there and Hilton Head for the past year or so thinking about retirement spots. LOVE The architecture in the area. A lot of house for the money too.

Always wondered about the boating scene. Plus the water looks dirty unlike further south. And hows the boating destinations in the area?
Beaufort is a great town. A mini Charleston without the crowds. The water is actually very clean. Lot of plankton, very healthy environment. Lot of growth if you leave the boat in, everybody’s got a lift here.
Some very affordable deep water lots. In fact the lot next to me is for sale.
I take the boat for coffee, to get a haircut, and of course dinner and lunch. Beaufort, Port Royal, Hilton Head, Bluffton, Palmetto Bluff and Dafuskie island are all accessible by boat.

Last edited by Reynard38; 02-13-2020 at 07:10 PM.
Old 02-14-2020, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 3,015 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Reynard38
Beaufort is a great town. A mini Charleston without the crowds. The water is actually very clean. Lot of plankton, very healthy environment. Lot of growth if you leave the boat in, everybody’s got a lift here.
Some very affordable deep water lots. In fact the lot next to me is for sale.
I take the boat for coffee, to get a haircut, and of course dinner and lunch. Beaufort, Port Royal, Hilton Head, Bluffton, Palmetto Bluff and Dafuskie island are all accessible by boat.
Do people swim in the water much? Post some pics of boating in the area if you can. I dig that place.
Old 02-14-2020, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

I lived in SC for a jaunt, Charleston in fact. Beaufort is a great place and out in the islands is really neat (Hunting island, etc) Very cool waterways, lots of water activities. Never really saw any go-fast boats down there, all CCs for fishing and big Vikings for cruising, sailboats too.

What was the regatta down there every year?, went to the party, forgot the location. It's south of Charleston....

Wish the poker run down there wasn't so soon, us northern boaters can't get our stuff back together quick enough!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.