Calling all Active Thunder 37 owners in South FL

Notices

Calling all Active Thunder 37 owners in South FL

Old 02-16-2020, 11:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling all Active Thunder 37 owners in South FL

Dear AT owners

I am eager to purchase a 37' excess, sometime in the near future. Possibly two (one for me, and one for my employer to use as a superyacht tender). My dream is to convert one to outboards one day.

Though, I have never ridden in one. Which is first a must if I am to own one. I've heard they are the best hull out there, and I would not doubt it. I've searched long and wide for an opportunity but to no avail yet, and so am now making a desperate plea to Offshoronly members

I've been in FLL visiting the Miami Show, and today is my last day before flying back to San Diego at 5pm. I'd be honored and forever grateful if anyone was eager to take me out for a quick run today, Monday 17th (Presidents Day). I'd happily pay the gas, ofcourse.

My cell is 650-272-8949, please PM me if the number does not appear. I hope and pray to hear back some love asap this morning!

Sincerely,
Lachy
Old 02-17-2020, 01:12 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 294 Likes on 148 Posts

There are a few for sale in the Classifieds. You should have called the AT factory.
I highly doubt you'll find a ride in one with such short notice.
Old 02-17-2020, 07:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 33 Likes on 12 Posts

There is a 37 on the other side of the state from you that is being converted to outboards and should be on the water soon but that's not going to help you now. Active Thunder is just up the road from you so you could try reaching out to Pat but with such short notice getting on the water would be tough.
Old 02-17-2020, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 89 Posts

Pm sent, have a 41 outerlimits triple 400s already setup as a tender with the bridal and bow eye.

Last edited by Unlimited jd; 02-17-2020 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-17-2020, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by boatfreak View Post
There is a 37 on the other side of the state from you that is being converted to outboards and should be on the water soon but that's not going to help you now. Active Thunder is just up the road from you so you could try reaching out to Pat but with such short notice getting on the water would be tough.
Which one?? Always thought about converting one to an OB boat...
Old 02-17-2020, 12:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 33 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport View Post
Which one?? Always thought about converting one to an OB boat...
The guy isn't on here and I don't want to steel anyone's Thunder so I don't want to say any more than that but I'm sure pics will be coming out soon.
Old 02-17-2020, 04:22 PM
Registered

Thanks, everyone! Yeah, short notice I know..

I did make it to the AT factory today, but just missed Pat. Was great to climb through an AT in the flesh. When I'm back in FL next I'll try to arrange a sea trial in advance.

Looking into a new build with Pat for my employer (with outboards), while in the immediate future searching for a used boat for myself, to convert to outboards.

My plan is to run long-distance offshore watersports missions with my friends and their friends (all are pro spearfishermen or surfers or kiters). To remote spearfishing, surfing, kitesurfing spots at exotic locations around the world like Baja, Fiji and the Great Barrier Reef Australia. Professionally filmed and made into awesome online productions. Need the cockpit space, range, and reliability of outboards.

Watch this space..
Old 02-17-2020, 05:03 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Do not know if owners put together a meeting for fun runs at some locations. That's possible to look at if they do in future dates and set up that way ?.
Old 02-17-2020, 06:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts

I have the 37 listed in the classifieds, if you are interested let me know. I have four people serious about it, but I'm happy to have five. Selling season has finally arrived!

https://www.offshoreonly.com/classif...ss-o77243.html
Old 02-17-2020, 09:07 PM
Registered

Thanks, Endeavour. That's a damn nice boat! Maybe a bit 'too' nice, as I'll be looking to rip out engines & drives to rig with outboards. What a tragedy that would be for a fine rig like yours, and most others.

I'll likely have to wait until someone's up for serious bucks to rebuild their engines, and wants out. Or keep saving my pennies for a newbuild with Pat. which could take a while for me.. I'm on a time limit though!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.