Notices

Finding a windshield ?

Old 02-19-2020, 09:50 AM
B85
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Finding a windshield ?

Working on a rebuild and I am looking for a windshield. I think I cam make the windshield on the Eliminator 30' Speedster Outboard,
Any idea who makes it for Eliminator ? And any idea of the cost ?

Going to sent a note to Eliminator to see if I can by it from them ?
Old 02-19-2020, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I don’t know if they make them for Eliminator, but Shields is who makes those big wraparound windscreens for skater, MTI, RPM etc. they’re expensive, but they’re 3/4” thick and clarity is amazing, which is hard to do. I think $5k+ is what you’d be looking at for those.

may want to talk to UPD Plastics in Florida and see if they can make you something. Probably be cheaper and fit the boat better.
Old 02-20-2020, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

Or talk to Finny's in AZ...

Finneys.com - Finney's Plastics & Powder coating - Lake Havasu City, AZ - Boat Windflaps, Boat Windshields, UTV & ATV Windshields, Custom Powdercoating & More!

Old 02-20-2020, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ToMorrow44 View Post
I don’t know if they make them for Eliminator, but Shields is who makes those big wraparound windscreens for skater, MTI, RPM etc. they’re expensive, but they’re 3/4” thick and clarity is amazing, which is hard to do. I think $5k+ is what you’d be looking at for those.

may want to talk to UPD Plastics in Florida and see if they can make you something. Probably be cheaper and fit the boat better.
holy crap that’s one heavy windshield .ive done auto glass most of my life and the older cars are just under 1/4” thick and got some weight to them,well compared to newer cars today that are more like 3/16th
Old 08-03-2020, 06:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im looking for help. I just bought a 2003 23ft Reinell. The drivers side windshield is gone. I am looking for a place to get a replacement, or if there is other boats that use the same windshield. Please and Thank you for your help.
Old 08-03-2020, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

I purchased the wraparound windshield for our 28 Skater from Jim Lee at Lee Aerospace. If they are good enough for airplanes, they are good enough for boats!
The following 2 users liked this post by 36Tango:
dykstra (08-04-2020), jrjbritt (08-03-2020)