Travel Ban From EU into USA for 30 days

Notices

Travel Ban From EU into USA for 30 days

Old 03-12-2020, 06:42 AM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Media fabricated pandemic . So ridiculous
Flu kills 14,000 people in the US every year.
Corona has killed 38 so far.
Old 03-12-2020, 06:46 AM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by Thor39
I'm a positive/bullish guy. But this is going to start to suck.

Today alone we had:
Trump all but admit this is starting to be a bad situation even if his administration has handled it "perfectly"
Dozens and dozens of schools/colleges/universities close for a long period of time, moving to online only for foreseeable future
We saw the NBA cancel the remainder of the season
A couple of big names, namely Tom Hanks and his wife, test positive for COVID-19 (This will run wild in the media)
And much more.

Futures are down another -5%+ for tomorrow. The DOW just officially ended an ELEVEN year bull-run. I was sure we were going to pull out of this no problem. However, after today, I'm starting to see how a recession, however small, may find us very soon. It is still completely undeserved. Housing market, bond market, employment, etc. is all perfectly strong. We haven't even seen any balance sheet results yet. Sure, a lot of companies, namely airlines and cruise lines, will be losing money. However, dozens more are going to be making a bunch. Look at Clorox and Wal-Mart for example...

This all roots for the media's deep hatred of Donald J. Trump IMO. They massively inflate every negative situation and minimize the positives. Then you have 80%+ of all Wall Street transactions conducted by news-reading algorithms which in turn sell the snot out of every stock on the constant stream of bad news and voila...The recipe for a crash.

Sorry, I'll get off my soap box...
You are spot on. The lost business will be far reaching. How many bars/restaurants will have fewer patrons. SXSW music festival has been cancelled, big tennis tournaments, NBA etc. Think of all the people that make their living off big events in the summer! Boat shows? NY auto show has been postponed for the first time since WW2. People making no money/ crashing stock market means less cars sold, less real estate deals........ it will have long reaching effects even if you don't know anyone that got sick.
Old 03-12-2020, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

Short term rental folks are taking it hard with all the cancellations.
Old 03-12-2020, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Shoulda banned flights from China when this first came to light...but no ....Demon crats said it was racist.....
Old 03-12-2020, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by open87
Shoulda banned flights from China when this first came to light...but no ....Demon crats said it was racist.....
It's been here longer than anyone knew. Looking back when they talk the symptoms pretty sure the wife had it last November,,,,,, and than our doctor was saying how he had a lot of cases just like hers that nothing seemed to help them.

They hid it for a long time in China.
Old 03-12-2020, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

Looks like UK and Ireland is still good. Can go play a round of golf and then go to/from
Old 03-12-2020, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

I only posted as an FYI for those who may have had friends/ family who were traveling in the EU or about to - it would really be a SH*TTy circumstance to be away and then informed that you are refused return..

As posted/clarified in the media, "But the White House later clarified in a tweet that the suspension only applied to foreign nationals who have traveled to one of 26 European countries in the past 14 days. The tweet said American citizens would be exempt from the restrictions, and would be directed to "limited airports" for screening. The White House also said the restrictions would actually go into effect at midnight Saturday."
Old 03-12-2020, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Strong will survive. I/family am not going to stop living our life. I believe a lot has to do with life choice / diet as well. If after that , then ,well I guess it's my/our time then.

Old 03-12-2020, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

All Trump has to do is make a very racy racist comment, and this whole thing dies in 2 seconds. Seriously tell me I’m wrong!!
Old 03-12-2020, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

I'm going to listen to the doctors and science.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.