Notices

cheap stocks

Old 01-23-2021, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1
I had some wins today...

picked up $800 worth of jmia yesterday. hit a quick 10% today and dumped it.

bought nndm at $6.17 and dumped it at $7.11. decent pickup.

bought $7k of GME in the AM hours and picked up 3% selling it later in the day.

bought teladoc at $182 yesterday. Sold it at $194 today.

kicking myself on Lucken coffee. Was going to invest 10k at the opening expecting a huge gain...saw it drop and moved on. Ended up picking up 30%.
anyone buy any of these stocks when I told them to buy...you’d be up 200-300%. Hahaha
Old 01-23-2021, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 581 Likes on 295 Posts

I wish I had time to do the day trade thing. I’ll just stick to mutual funds and annuities.
Old 01-24-2021, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by Eddienel
I wish I had time to do the day trade thing. I’ll just stick to mutual funds and annuities.
I used to think the same thing, until I started paying attention and realized my job is actually costing me money. Not getting my 401 rolled into an IRA will cost me a million dollars. I’m having to rethink this work thing.
Old 01-24-2021, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 581 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by ThisIsLivin
I used to think the same thing, until I started paying attention and realized my job is actually costing me money. Not getting my 401 rolled into an IRA will cost me a million dollars. I’m having to rethink this work thing.
Im getting tired of working 7 days a week and not enjoying myself. My wife and I are camping right now and having a blast doing nothing. Our stress level is 0 right now and loving it!

That being said. I enjoy working I just don’t want to be a slave to it. My goal is to do some more traveling. Drag the boat to some cool places and do some exploring.

Last edited by Eddienel; 01-24-2021 at 09:26 AM.
Old 01-24-2021, 11:17 AM
Registered

problem is you are only able to roll 6k per year unless you are playing catch-up or 50 years and older.

I talk to my parents about investing often, and there one regret was not maxing out Roth IRA’s. They say it’s painful to pull 401k money and have to pay taxes.
Old 01-24-2021, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

problem is you are only able to roll 6k per year unless you are playing catch-up or 50 years and older.

I talk to my parents about investing often, and there one regret was not maxing out Roth IRA’s. They say it’s painful to pull 401k money and have to pay taxes.
Yup, that RMD withdrawal it's something we don't look forward too. Getting a pass on it last year was nice.
Old 01-25-2021, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

I ran an extensive analysis on whether to do the Roth conversion or not. Our situation is that we make too much to use a Roth or traditional IRA, so we have been maxing out our 401k's. The other benefit is that because it's not taxed now it drops me a full tax bracket so I can afford to max out the 401. In a Roth situation I wouldn't be able to put as much away. I don't intend on realizing as much gross income when I retire so lower tax bracket. I will have zero debt when I retire so I will have a higher net income than I have now so I will live comfortably. After reviewing the state of Social Security, I have adjusted my plans to not consider that potential income source. If we get it great, it will pay the taxes. There is a lot to consider, I spent days running various scenarios on the Fidelity website. I used to think getting to zero debt was most important, it's not. Maximizing savings and returns is. I pay 3.25% on my mortgage and 3% on a home equity credit line. When the market tanked, I pulled out $70k and jumped in. That $70k is now $170k, I only paid $3300 in interest in total on the credit line. Looking back, I should have pulled out $100k. Always, always, always run the numbers for yourself. Everyone's situation is different, don't follow rules of thumb. Your calculator doesn't lie. I spent years investing with advisors, what a waste of time. It's not their money, they are lazy and just looking to ride the market. When I went out on my own, I have always beat the market. Best thing is that every bad year we have had was one of my best. In 2008 I made 40% and I didn't really know what I was doing. I just paid attention to the news and they were predicting the crash for over a month before it happened. I literally made more money in the last year than I had invested at the start. Watch the market closely, with the current spend attitude, they will have to print a lot of money. The dollar will fall and so will the market, be ready to get out of dollars. I have found a gold IRA that keeps the gold in the US and only charges $180 for storage. Just my $.02.
The following 4 users liked this post by ThisIsLivin:
Griff (01-27-2021), Interceptor (01-25-2021), PartyBarge22 (01-27-2021), Wildman_grafix (01-26-2021)
Old 01-25-2021, 11:42 PM
Registered

Anyone see BB and GMe today!!!! Holy moly!!

Old 01-26-2021, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

I ran an extensive analysis on whether to do the Roth conversion or not. Our situation is that we make too much to use a Roth or traditional IRA, so we have been maxing out our 401k's. The other benefit is that because it's not taxed now it drops me a full tax bracket so I can afford to max out the 401. In a Roth situation I wouldn't be able to put as much away. I don't intend on realizing as much gross income when I retire so lower tax bracket. I will have zero debt when I retire so I will have a higher net income than I have now so I will live comfortably. After reviewing the state of Social Security, I have adjusted my plans to not consider that potential income source. If we get it great, it will pay the taxes. There is a lot to consider, I spent days running various scenarios on the Fidelity website. I used to think getting to zero debt was most important, it's not. Maximizing savings and returns is. I pay 3.25% on my mortgage and 3% on a home equity credit line. When the market tanked, I pulled out $70k and jumped in. That $70k is now $170k, I only paid $3300 in interest in total on the credit line. Looking back, I should have pulled out $100k. Always, always, always run the numbers for yourself. Everyone's situation is different, don't follow rules of thumb. Your calculator doesn't lie. I spent years investing with advisors, what a waste of time. It's not their money, they are lazy and just looking to ride the market. When I went out on my own, I have always beat the market. Best thing is that every bad year we have had was one of my best. In 2008 I made 40% and I didn't really know what I was doing. I just paid attention to the news and they were predicting the crash for over a month before it happened. I literally made more money in the last year than I had invested at the start. Watch the market closely, with the current spend attitude, they will have to print a lot of money. The dollar will fall and so will the market, be ready to get out of dollars. I have found a gold IRA that keeps the gold in the US and only charges $180 for storage. Just my $.02.
Me and a friend were talking about the house debt, same thing our rates are so low it doesn't make sense to use money and pay it off early.
The following users liked this post:
tommymonza (01-27-2021)
Old 01-26-2021, 09:19 PM
Registered

Anyone see BB and GMe today!!!! Holy moly!!

GME 200% today... hahaha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.