Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Matt Trulio
  • 2 Post By Gary C

Thunder On Cocoa Beach Organizers In Holding Pattern

Old 03-26-2020, 10:38 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Default Thunder On Cocoa Beach Organizers In Holding Pattern

Decision coming May 1, https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-n...olding-pattern.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:56 AM
Registered

Well I guess we will see. One thing Matt, the beaches here are not closed but ALL beach parking is, which includes Jetty park.

The Pier and its parking is also closed. Not sure about the Hotels but a friend said he has almost no one staying at his.

Old 03-26-2020, 11:08 AM
Registered

So, I have a condo booked for the races. I have till April 15 to cancel. What should I do?
Old 03-26-2020, 12:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
So, I have a condo booked for the races. I have till April 15 to cancel. What should I do?
That sucks, I would check and see with the current issues maybe they will give you two more weeks to cancel? I mean they can look at it this way, if the races are canceled, it doubt they would be able to rent it anyway.

Old 03-26-2020, 01:09 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix View Post
Well I guess we will see. One thing Matt, the beaches here are not closed but ALL beach parking is, which includes Jetty park.

The Pier and its parking is also closed. Not sure about the Hotels but a friend said he has almost no one staying at his.
I did report that the beaches themselves are not closed ("Though neither Port Canaveral’s public launch ramps nor the beaches of Brevard County are currently closed ..." ) but your parking addition is great information. Unless you happen to live on the beach, beach parking is necessary for most folks.

Important addition/clarification. Thank you.
Wildman_grafix likes this.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:14 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Story update from the City of Cocoa Beach-Government Facebook page:

"The Brevard County Policy Committee has voted to close public beaches between the hours of 11:00 am and 4:00 pm effective Friday, March 27, 2020 and continue until Sunday, March 29, 2020 at 4:00 pm.The beaches will be open to the public before and after the hours included in this post."

Something to monitor as we move forward.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix View Post
That sucks, I would check and see with the current issues maybe they will give you two more weeks to cancel? I mean they can look at it this way, if the races are canceled, it doubt they would be able to rent it anyway.
I called the condo rental they are letting me wait till May 1st to cancel. So im keeping my fingers crossed that things will be open by then. Although they just closed all the hotels here in Myrtle Beach. Everyone has to be out by Sunday. This is really killing the economy here. They are up to 11 golf courses closed too. Not counting all the restaurants, and gyms etc. My wife is off from school till May 1st. Then they will decide if school is done for the year. I'm lucky, I work at Costco, so we are considered essential. Good luck everybody! Keep the faith that everybody will be back to work soon!
Old 03-27-2020, 04:16 PM
Registered

I would drive if you can no race drive back! Good luck maybe a miracle will happen and this horror show will end!