Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New York Marinas and boat launch >

New York Marinas and boat launch

Notices

New York Marinas and boat launch

Old 04-16-2020, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 50 Posts

Here in GA boat ramps are open as long as not in campgrounds. DNR is out in force making sure people don't raft-up or a bunch beach together. At least that is what is happening on Lake Hartwell.
Old 04-16-2020, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by boostbros
Its easy to complain but the truth is the great lakes are very cold (hard on engines and deadly if something happens) this time of year yesterdays water temp off Oswego was 38-42 degrees and there is very few speed boats around here everything has transitioned to fishing and boy are they complaining not the older folks but the younger ones!

True enough. I usually in all honestly don't boat until Mid May at the earliest. Its usually a shakedown the weekend before Memorial Day.
Old 04-16-2020, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 364 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
The public launch ramp down the street from me on the Genesee River (leading to Lake Ontario) is all taped off like a crime scene. I'm sure they'll open it just in time to shut it down again due to high water.
Off topic but had to ask, is that the water used in making the finest beer ever brewed, Genesee Cream Ale?
Old 04-16-2020, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff32
are you talking about the ramp where the boat races were held?
No, I think the one you're thinking of is Gratwick park (Hydroplane races - Thunder on Niagara) - they don't have the docks in yet, so the ramp is essentially useless.

Ryan
Old 04-16-2020, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
Off topic but had to ask, is that the water used in making the finest beer ever brewed, Genesee Cream Ale?
You bet it is. The brewery is a cool stop if you ever make it to Rochester NY
Old 04-16-2020, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Padraig
New York Marinas and boat launch's are deemed non-essential by Governor. Gonna make it hard to get any boating in. Friday I took a ride around my lake (Chautauqua) and while the Marinas were closed public ramps seemed to be open even the one at the state park. This news just came out last week so maybe they haven't had a chance to close them yet. I keep my boat on a lift in front of the house but neither dock or boat is in yet.

Has anyone seen any NY boat ramps closed???
https://www.syracuse.com/coronavirus...-shutdown.html

Padraig
On Oneida lake the state run ramps are blocked off, on the private run marinas most have boats parked in front of the ramps but some of the owners who don't care have nothing blocking them so there are places you can get on the water if you want.
Old 04-16-2020, 03:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
Yes it is. This may explain why "creamer screamers" are a pretty common after effect of drinking Genesee Cream Ale. And if you have to ask for more definition of that after effect, you'll need to PM me.
Old 04-17-2020, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 62 Posts

5/15/20 High & Dry may be open could be sooner? Be safe all virus will slow down soon?

Old 04-17-2020, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 62 Posts

That is not a Hooker on Balcony!
Old 04-18-2020, 11:49 PM
Registered

Received 364 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
Yes it is. This may explain why "creamer screamers" are a pretty common after effect of drinking Genesee Cream Ale. And if you have to ask for more definition of that after effect, you'll need to PM me.
Hah! I remember hearing that reference even in Ohio! After seeing your post in had to google the brewery. I was surprised to see the even had some fancy beer. I may have to try some if I see it on the shelve...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.