Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Shootout Scandal (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/36632-shootout-scandal.html)

Steve 1 11-12-2002 12:00 PM

I really do not see what all the tears are about !Long story short Here, The Piston Boat got beat by a Turbine Boat, so Bud ran their Turbine Boat What’s the big deal ??:confused:

Jana 11-12-2002 12:07 PM

Originally posted by fstboater
I hope they put a good picture of both of the Callen boats are very sweet.
There are pictures of the Callan boats with the Shootout article. My .02 - an Unlimited Hydro is not the same animal as a turbine-powered cat. Callan put up a sweet set-up and running Miss Bud was in poor taste.

Brad Zastrow 11-12-2002 01:08 PM

A turbine powered converted european offshore race boat, a piston powered converted offshore race boat, a current turbine race boat. This was all about who is fastest. Those speeds are no longer pleasure boat stuff. It was Bud's show and the fastest boat took it home. If the Bud boat changed their minds later about exhibtion runs or trophy runs why should that matter? I say bring out the nitro drag boats and they will spot the other boats 3/4 mile as they only need 1/4 mile to hit 225 mph.

seanclong 11-12-2002 01:14 PM

Originally posted by Brad Zastrow
A turbine powered converted european offshore race boat, a piston powered converted offshore race boat, a current turbine race boat. This was all about who is fastest. Those speeds are no longer pleasure boat stuff. It was Bud's show and the fastest boat took it home. If the Bud boat changed their minds later about exhibtion runs or trophy runs why should that matter? I say bring out the nitro drag boats and they will spot the other boats 3/4 mile as they only need 1/4 mile to hit 225 mph.
Right on!!!! :D May the fastest boat win. That, I believe, is what's meant by 'unlimited'. :eek: :D :eek: Who cares when they enter the race? It's not a prom. :D

cigarette1 11-12-2002 01:15 PM

Sure ... the drag boats could idle for 3/4 mile and the show everybody what time it is.:cool:

cashmoney 11-12-2002 02:04 PM

nobody runs those drag boats at LOTO...for the shootout or otherwise....It would be a pisser for them to roll into town and take topgun then split...to never be seen running during the rest of the year....is this where they are heading....?

jb 11-12-2002 02:23 PM

One little ripple or a small breeze and your picking up boat parts from the draggers for the rest of the day. Delaying the fun everyone else will have!

timucin 11-12-2002 03:10 PM

gdfatha: can you pls tell us more about that allison engine?
hp?-weight?tq? etc?

RickerTX 11-12-2002 03:29 PM

Interesting debate.....I think this competition is all about bigger, faster, better. It probably always has been. It's just now the bigger and faster is an unlimited hydroplane and we don't see those regularly on the lake/river often(never). We have boats that sorta look like the Callan boat so we are on Callan's side. Check the rules and may the best boat win!!!

gdfatha 11-12-2002 05:25 PM

timucin

I have asked some people for spec sheets/description of the Allison. I will forward all info to you on this thread.
marc