Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sweers And Torrente Hit 135 MPH Dialing In 34 Victory Cat With Mercury 450R Engines >

Sweers And Torrente Hit 135 MPH Dialing In 34 Victory Cat With Mercury 450R Engines

Notices

Sweers And Torrente Hit 135 MPH Dialing In 34 Victory Cat With Mercury 450R Engines

Old 05-20-2020, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 573 Likes on 344 Posts

Regardless of where it’s made, the hump shape deck/sheer looks all wrong to me. There are way better looking cats on the market.
The following 6 users liked this post by hogie roll:
bajah2x (05-22-2020), bulletbob (05-21-2020), davidmercury (05-21-2020), JaayTeee (05-20-2020), ntesdall (05-21-2020), precisiondetails (05-20-2020)
Old 05-20-2020, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Because this one looks better, performs amazing, and it is still planned, painted, and rigged here.

We daily drive a BMW and a Lexus and you couldn't pay me to make that a ford, GM, or Dodge these days in our household.

I don't care for only American made, It is nice to do it where I can but I would not settle for something I like less simply because this boats mold was from overseas if it was what I liked best. Congrats to all who had their hand in it form over seas to right here in the USA. Badass boat all around.
that is simply your opinion. Just like you couldn’t pay me to drive what you have for your cars.
The following 4 users liked this post by precisiondetails:
bulletbob (05-21-2020), PigNaPoke (05-20-2020), Smarty (05-20-2020), ttuton (05-20-2020)
Old 05-20-2020, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
that is simply your opinion. Just like you couldn’t pay me to drive what you have for your cars.
Never said it was anything but that. Don't twist my words into something they arnt.

I have had my fill of American cars and put in 15 years in the service depts at the dealers of them.....i am good never owning one to daily drive ever again. As a tow pig...sure though.. again, my opinion.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Never heard of any 34 American Cat reaching 135 mph with 2x450 hp, maybe thats the reason for buying it 🚤🚤🚤😂😂😂 this boat are actually almost 36..
The following users liked this post:
Bostonirish (05-23-2020)
Old 05-23-2020, 10:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Monaco20
Never heard of any 34 American Cat reaching 135 mph with 2x450 hp, maybe thats the reason for buying it 🚤🚤🚤😂😂😂 this boat are actually almost 36..
The fountain already did years ago with chipped 400Rs.
Old 05-23-2020, 11:07 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 798 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by hogie roll
The fountain already did years ago with chipped 400Rs.
I think it was 133 and the hull was a 32'. IIRC
Old 05-23-2020, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Verfied speed? I have seen 125 ish from the Fountain cat... But of course I could have missed it 😉😉
Than again a lot of very high unofficial speed result out there 😉😉
Old 05-23-2020, 01:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 247 Likes on 113 Posts

Verfied speed? I have seen 125 ish from the Fountain cat... But of course I could have missed it 😉😉

I agree with the unofficial speed claims you mentioned.

Line the Cats up, American made and Victory or any other brand Noli, (he seems to have alot of knowledge on OSO about Cats in size range)can suggest and have a real shootout like Powerboat Magazine used to do. Line up the USA built brands such as the Fountain, Skater, MTI, Mystic, Doug Wright with the Victory boat (am I missing anyone all of comparable length, with stock 450's not chipped/tuned/nitrous or any other non-warranty upgrades/power-adders) and have a three mile or so drag race and a radar verified top speed. See which boat accelerates the fastest, and has the best big number (top mph).

Make it interesting and have a "Cash Days" on water, with a $20,000 +/- buy in, winner take all. That would interest me, and clear up any doubt. I would find that very interesting. Then run the same boats in sloppy not dead flat water with two or three independent drivers who can provide insight what boats are a pleasure and less than sh*t your pants experience to drive at 125 mph + on any given weekend boating conditions. Flat water race on Barnegat Bay and rough water test in the Atlantic Ocean off of Pt. Pleasant, NJ or Sarasota Bay for the flat water and the Gulf of Mexico for the potentially sloppy water.

I like the 135 mph speed of the Victory boat, no doubt, but I would venture to guess (nothing to support my guess), but I really would be stunned if one if not all of the American brands above wouldn't be faster in a shoot-out, same day, same water, same ambient temperature. But that is an assumption.

Let's get this Cash Days on water organized, it is doable.
The following 2 users liked this post by Smarty:
Boats4Ever (05-23-2020), Monaco20 (05-23-2020)
Old 05-23-2020, 04:37 PM
Registered

The shootout
Old 05-23-2020, 07:02 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,790 Likes on 1,258 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
I agree with the unofficial speed claims you mentioned.

Line the Cats up, American made and Victory or any other brand Noli, (he seems to have alot of knowledge on OSO about Cats in size range)can suggest and have a real shootout like Powerboat Magazine used to do. Line up the USA built brands such as the Fountain, Skater, MTI, Mystic, Doug Wright with the Victory boat (am I missing anyone all of comparable length, with stock 450's not chipped/tuned/nitrous or any other non-warranty upgrades/power-adders) and have a three mile or so drag race and a radar verified top speed. See which boat accelerates the fastest, and has the best big number (top mph).

Make it interesting and have a "Cash Days" on water, with a $20,000 +/- buy in, winner take all. That would interest me, and clear up any doubt. I would find that very interesting. Then run the same boats in sloppy not dead flat water with two or three independent drivers who can provide insight what boats are a pleasure and less than sh*t your pants experience to drive at 125 mph + on any given weekend boating conditions. Flat water race on Barnegat Bay and rough water test in the Atlantic Ocean off of Pt. Pleasant, NJ or Sarasota Bay for the flat water and the Gulf of Mexico for the potentially sloppy water.

I like the 135 mph speed of the Victory boat, no doubt, but I would venture to guess (nothing to support my guess), but I really would be stunned if one if not all of the American brands above wouldn't be faster in a shoot-out, same day, same water, same ambient temperature. But that is an assumption.

Let's get this Cash Days on water organized, it is doable.
Speed On The Water digital magazine did this two years ago with Mercury Racing 400R outboard-powered cats from almost every builder during Super Cat Fest 2018. The story ran in the September/October issue. We used three test drivers—Grant Bruggemann, Bob Teague and Shaun Torrente. We recorded top speeds and much, much more. Perhaps in 2021 we can pull it together, again with technical support from Mercury Racing, and all the key builders with 450R-powered cats. It is doable, as you say, but not quite as easy as it looks. One word to start with? Insurance.
The following 2 users liked this post by Matt Trulio:
Cash Bar (05-24-2020), Smarty (05-23-2020)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.