Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Nor-tech, statement, deep impact, others? >

Nor-tech, statement, deep impact, others?

Notices

Nor-tech, statement, deep impact, others?

Old 06-09-2020, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
For me its how often are the conditions like that vs the nice calm cruise days to the islands.

We might have those rough conditions less than 1 hands worth of count compared to boating as usual to relax almost every other weekend.

these are not race boats and personally don't like the idea of taking away a relaxing lounge for a stand up bolster that is only effective a few times a year.
That must be nice, this side the only time it is calm offshore is if the wind is coming out of the east, its almost always rough. Even inside in the evening the wind picks up and the IWC can get pretty rough in the wide spots.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
That must be nice, this side the only time it is calm offshore is if the wind is coming out of the east, its almost always rough. Even inside in the evening the wind picks up and the IWC can get pretty rough in the wide spots.

I don't complain.

It can get rough too but usually the norm is a 2 to 3' chop. Pretty much every single weekend we go to the islands and since the sonic the biggest boat I owned was a 23 Everglades and we never have an issue going out.

There are days we won't run to say Eggmont by the skyway as it gets nasty there on days but there is always intercoastal islands or 3 rooker that is pretty much out back we can get to.