Notices

This guy had a bad day.

Old 06-24-2020, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
T boned car in passenger side

There has to be a collision with a vehicle for that vehicle to be listed on an actual accident report as an involved vehicle. It can be documented in other ways in the report narrative.

In Kentucky an involved vehicle without contact is listed as a contributing factor with description in the officer's narrative as in 2000 Chevrolet Impala operated by Jane Doe, DOB 12-12-12, Operators License Number 111222333 address etc. pulled into the path of Unit 1 which to avoid a collision ran off the roadway striking a tree, etc

Mark
The following users liked this post:
Griff (06-26-2020)
Old 06-24-2020, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by resurrected
Glad everyone is ok
regarding a strap on the front pulling back/down
Aggressive controlled braking can produce g force of a little over .5 g, emergency braking in dry conditions with good tires can get over .75gs, lots of variables though
so without taking into consideration the friction on the bunks, the load applied to the front tie down would be approx 3/4 of the total weight of the boat
The 3300 working load 2" nylon straps have a max break strength of 10,000lbs
so a 13,500 lb boat under emergency braking can in theory overload the strap without any impact deceleration
personally I use two in the front, both doubled back on themselves. One forward and one back, I assume the winch/post will do nothing when/if needed
but I have always subscribed to the theory if one is good two must be better
Good info, I use a 2" strap feed through and tied back to two points on the frame with a 7200LB boat. Sounds like that should be good.
Thank you for the data answer.
Old 06-24-2020, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 834 Likes on 353 Posts

I can’t believe they’re all walking much less he isn’t even scratched up.
Old 06-25-2020, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, nobody hurt! That’s divine intervention
Old 06-26-2020, 12:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

Were there any straps on the transom? I didnt see any. But the big takaway are the stupid car drivers who pull out in front of you and think that you should avoid them.
The following users liked this post:
CT River Baja (07-03-2020)
Old 06-26-2020, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 590 Likes on 240 Posts

I had a lady last year pull out in front of my semi truck hauling 50 thousand in a smooth bore tank.

She was on her cellphone with it held up to her left ear, the direction I am approaching her from.

It all happened so fast i didn’t have time to think about it

If I had been doing the speed limit of 45 instead of 40 she would have been dead. I dam near rolled the tank trying to avoid her.

The pickup truck that was behind me pulled up next to me at the stop sign a 1/2 mile down the road.

Guy yelled up to me. “Bet that left a stain on the seat”. Being I had the left tandems of the trailer 6 inches off the ground from swerving and braking with the surge.

Than he yelled up that she didn’t know how close she just came to dying being the tandems of the trailer almost went over her.

He said “ She never even saw you “

I always drive defensively and assume every car, truck , waverunner or boat in front of me is going to do something stupid.

Last edited by tommymonza; 06-26-2020 at 02:19 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by tommymonza:
2jz (06-26-2020), CT River Baja (07-03-2020)
Old 07-03-2020, 03:11 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey guys, that is our truck, boat, and trailer in the video. Boat had safety chain on bow eyelet but boat broke the winch stand and bow stop off the trailer. Rear had straps, but do to the style of trailer they pull forward. Best I can tell when the boat came forward it hit our tailgate then slid off the trailer into the ditch. The drives broke off either from hitting the trailer or sliding in the ditch, not sure which. Truck landed on its roof, crushing passenger side. Driver's side was still up where we could get out. Top crushed the rest of the way down when they rolled it back on its wheels. Haven't heard anything about her condition. We're still working with insurance. We have more pics on our Facebook page "Barrowed Time"
The following 4 users liked this post by Barr Hopping:
CT River Baja (07-03-2020), Sydwayz (07-03-2020), Wellcraft1 (07-03-2020), Wildman_grafix (07-03-2020)