Mercury parts availability >

Mercury parts availability

Notices

Mercury parts availability

Old 06-29-2020, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mercury parts availability

Anyone else getting screwed around? Been waiting on a Bravo 1 Upper gear set for a month, and the ship date keeps getting pushed out.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:16 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

We have more back orders with mercury right now than anytime I can remember and yes the dates keep getting moved. 135 part numbers at this time.

The Mercury web site is warning dealers that orders coming from Fond Du Lac may be delayed 7-10 business days. That is for parts that are in stock!!

However most of our orders come from Atlanta so aside from the back orders we do seem to be getting our shipments more or less on time.

www.mercruiserparts.com
www.go-fast.com
www.bammarine.com
www.cyborgtransmissions.com
It's alive -www.BoatStuffExpress.com - additional 10% discount for OSO members
The following 3 users liked this post by Mbam:
Eliminator28 (06-30-2020), IBJoel (06-29-2020), J-Bonz (06-29-2020)
Old 06-29-2020, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts

Been waiting 3+ weeks for a bravo 3 gear set
Old 06-29-2020, 08:07 PM
SB
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 48 Posts

Been waiting for a year and a half for them to cast exhaust manifolds correctly. Fkr’s.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

absolutely, I need a flush valve for my 450R and even just the standard 100hr service had the fuel filters on backorder for 2+ weeks. definitely NOT what I was anticipating after spending the extra cash on their top of the line outboards. Yet, they are still selling them hot off the manufacturing line. Not happy with this.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorMD View Post
absolutely, I need a flush valve for my 450R and even just the standard 100hr service had the fuel filters on backorder for 2+ weeks. definitely NOT what I was anticipating after spending the extra cash on their top of the line outboards. Yet, they are still selling them hot off the manufacturing line. Not happy with this.
Try some of the local dealers at LOTO, Big Thunder, Performance Marine. Neighbor went down last week, got filters and oil for his and did them on the lift work platform. Good Luck.
The following users liked this post:
toby00 (06-30-2020)
Old 06-29-2020, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Helmwurst View Post
Try some of the local dealers at LOTO, Big Thunder, Performance Marine. Neighbor went down last week, got filters and oil for his and did them on the lift work platform. Good Luck.
good idea. I finally called and blew some steam at the mercury racing rep in WI and they finally delivered. Either way it's bad business for a manufacturer to continue selling a product when their service is lagging way behind. I definitely use my boat, and I fish with it also, so trolling being out in the gulf for 12 hours is racking up the hours. Just sucks to have your boat grounded because of backordered service parts!
SB (06-30-2020)
Old 06-29-2020, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 5 Posts

it's not just mercury, I build hot rods (current cars/trucks in the shop range from '46 to '85) and we have trouble getting most everything right now. worse is that when we have an issue with parts we can't get anyone on the phone anywhere. just a message that they will get back to us in a couple weeks.
Eliminator28 (06-30-2020)
Old 06-30-2020, 08:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mbam View Post
We have more back orders with mercury right now than anytime I can remember and yes the dates keep getting moved. 135 part numbers at this time.

The Mercury web site is warning dealers that orders coming from Fond Du Lac may be delayed 7-10 business days. That is for parts that are in stock!!

However most of our orders come from Atlanta so aside from the back orders we do seem to be getting our shipments more or less on time.
That's what I was afraid of... I'm on the left coast, and my mechanic says he has several gear sets ordered, and has for a while. One of the other big players in Havasu has had 30 some gear sets on order for over a couple months. Any truth to the rumor that Merc is moving some of its production "else where"?
Old 06-30-2020, 08:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by compedgemarine View Post
it's not just mercury, I build hot rods (current cars/trucks in the shop range from '46 to '85) and we have trouble getting most everything right now. worse is that when we have an issue with parts we can't get anyone on the phone anywhere. just a message that they will get back to us in a couple weeks.
I spent the last 4 months building a new engine for my Boat, and surprisingly didn't have too much trouble getting parts. Only went to hell when we decided to look closely at the drive, and of course it needs a complete re-gut. Now I've had a New engine sitting on the floor of my mechanics shop collecting dust waiting on drive parts..

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser