Notices

Aquapalooza RI 2020

Old 07-25-2020, 08:43 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by underpsi68
That's crazy!!! I'm on LI and haven't heard anything like that. I thought if your weren't one of the "Quarantine States" you could come here with no restrictions?
They're restricting the density of the beaches. At least that's the response I got. They're going to charge $375 for an out of state permit. I'm sure the local businesses won't be happy about the lack of business they're going to get.
Old 07-25-2020, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
They're restricting the density of the beaches. At least that's the response I got. They're going to charge $375 for an out of state permit. I'm sure the local businesses won't be happy about the lack of business they're going to get.
I don't get it. What beach was this?
Old 07-26-2020, 07:07 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by underpsi68
I don't get it. What beach was this?
Kirk Beach in Montauk. There was a small sign stating permits were needed, didn't see it and didn't look for it since I've been a regular on the east end for 40 years. I could buy an OL with the money I've put into LI economy over the decades. Now they're punishing me and others. I'd say half the cars in the lot had tickets.

Figured I'd go to Cupsogue Beach instead this weekend and contacted Suffolk County Parks to check so I didn't get another $150 ticket and got this response: "Currently due to capacity limits, only county residents are permitted at Suffolk County Beaches" Currently due to capacity limits, only County residents are permited at Suffolk County Park beaches.
due to capacity limits, only County residents are perat Suffolk County Park beaches.
Old 07-26-2020, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Kirk Beach in Montauk. There was a small sign stating permits were needed, didn't see it and didn't look for it since I've been a regular on the east end for 40 years. I could buy an OL with the money I've put into LI economy over the decades. Now they're punishing me and others. I'd say half the cars in the lot had tickets.

Figured I'd go to Cupsogue Beach instead this weekend and contacted Suffolk County Parks to check so I didn't get another $150 ticket and got this response: "Currently due to capacity limits, only county residents are permitted at Suffolk County Beaches"lk County Park beaches.
I thought you were going to say the Hamptons. Hamptonites don't need your money. Montauk is a very big tourist destination. Their economy depends on it. Don't forget we have Lord Cuomo at the reigns. At the beginning when we were the country hot spot, other states wanted to quarantinee us when we came in. Cuomo wanted to sue them. Now he is doing it. LOL