Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Are You A Bad Boy..................? >

Are You A Bad Boy..................?

Notices

Are You A Bad Boy..................?

Old 11-12-2002, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Iggy: your right they don't need to advertise but it is a cool add isn't it.
Old 11-12-2002, 11:13 AM
Charter Member #1528

you must have adobe acrobat reader to read a pdf file.

here is link for download.
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/main.html

Last edited by RiverGirl; 11-12-2002 at 01:03 PM.
Old 11-12-2002, 11:19 AM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Ken
I agree with Robert. Cig has come a long way in it's lifetime. Why go backwards. I consider Cigarettes "Bad Ass" and not the people owning/driving as "Bad Boys" I think they should promote class, style, heritage and performance. Bad boys are those teenagers driving a civic, with those trash can mufflers, and blastin Eminem.
OH YES, I AM INDEED A BAD-BOY!!!! SOMEBODY NEEDS TO SPANK ME!!!!
WHILE I AGREE WITH YOU KEN, WE NEED TO REMEMBER THAT IN THE BEGINNING, THE INDIVIDUALS ASSOCIATED WITH THESE BEAUTIFUL PIECES OF MACHINERY WERE BY NO MEANS ANGELS. NOW I KNOW I WASN'T BUDDIES WITH ANY OF THEM, BUT THIS IS STRICTLY FROM MY INTERPRETATION THROUGH BOOKS AND THOSE WHO WERE THERE... I FEEL THAT CIGARETTE'S PRESENCE IN THE MARKETPLACE IS AS STRONG AS IT HAS EVER BEEN AND ANY MARKETING APPROACH THEY DECIDE TO TAKE NOW IS ONLY GOING TO MAKE IT STRONGER... MY .02
Old 11-12-2002, 11:25 AM
Registered

Reminds me of Harley Davidson. Bad Boy on the weekends, but a suit Monday thru Friday. RUB's (ritch urban bikers). GOt to pay for those toys somehow.
Old 11-12-2002, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cig should take a lesson from Harley.

Harley got to be a lot more profitable company when it started marketing it's image of freedom and the american dream, rather than it's "bad boy" past. harley is an ICON, so is Cig on a smaller scale.

Here is a reprint of an article from the remergance of Harley. If you do marketing Harley is one of the cases you should study as well as LL Bean, Southwest Airlines and a few others..

There was a time in 1984 when Harley-Davidson nearly went under. Japanese competitors were flooding the U.S. market with high-tech bikes and Harley's machines were suffering quality problems. The company's leadership understands how vital it is to perpetuate the Harley mystique. Today Harley has 56% of America's big-bike market (751+cc), and it is expanding production capacity to keep up with growing worldwide demand. Annual shipments of Harley motorcycles more than doubled from 1988 to 1995. With demand for Harleys at an all-time high, buyers patiently wait between six and 18 months to take delivery of a new model.

Although the company generated more than $1.3 billion in revenues in 1995, it spent less than $2 million in advertising. "We're not dependent on advertising or other traditional marketing techniques as automobile companies or even our competitors are," says Schmidt. "They're selling transportation. We're selling dreams and lifestyle. There's a big difference."

Schmidt adds, "Because our bikes are so visually and audibly compelling, you get a bunch of them together, whether by the dozen or the thousands, there's going to be excitement and curiosity. Add to that the fun associated with motorcycling and you've got natural word-of-mouth promotion. In a very real sense, our customers are the sales force, and the bikes, accessories and clothing serve as our calling cards."

Yes, harley still has it's appeal to its bad Boys, but I would be willing to bet that the largest share of its new market is more mainstream people. Also Cig should be at every major poker run and get together, if not the factory then it's dealers, just like Harley sponsoring get togethers. Their focus should be there rater than the race course. Oh they should still race for R&D and so on, but they need to have their product on display at every event that offshore people gather in any significant number.

Our passion still has a lot of stigma to go along with it, as well as noise issues and speed issues.. I could go on, but I guess the Bad Boy image doesn't help our sport.

That's my opinion, but I could be wrong

Last edited by Von Bongo; 11-12-2002 at 11:50 AM.
Old 11-12-2002, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Yeah, that`s me

One bad Mo Fo, one step ahead of the Po Po

Old 11-12-2002, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

QT looks like we think alike, I just type slower!
Old 11-12-2002, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Von Bongo,
I totally agree with you about Harley Davidson.
I also have heard that the majority of there revenue is generated by merchandise. I know there are allot of Harleys around but you see twice as many t-shirt , stickers...etc.
If more American companies can do things like HD we would be in allot better shape.
Old 11-12-2002, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Von bongo, were you in Sunrise Beach a week ago Saturday towing your boat? If so, I was 4 cars behind you. Tried to catch up but you lost me!

Kurt.
Old 11-12-2002, 12:11 PM
Registered

BAD BOY isn't clothes or toys its a lifestyle, its what you are.

Quick Reply: Are You A Bad Boy..................?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.