Notices

Hurricane in Iowa!,

Old 08-17-2020, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

That’s my home town and get through there every couple months. My brother and most of my family still live there and the pics they sent me of the property damage at their homes and business is crazy. My brothers house had tree limbs stuck in the exterior like darts and he only has a few shingles and spots of tar paper left on his roof.

As Tango said that part of the world everyone has each other’s back and isn’t waiting around for the government to come in and save the day. The worst situations bring out the best in “good” people and really remind us we are all in this together.

Unfortunately, this doesn’t fit the major media narrative of our day and until people start to turn the “fake news” off the rest of population stays stuck in the “fear based mentality.” The media wants us to think we are doomed and Uncle Sam must save us.

The following 7 users liked this post by baywatch:
DaNinja (08-17-2020), dykstra (07-28-2021), endeavor1 (08-17-2020), Griff (08-17-2020), ICDEDPPL (08-18-2020), ntesdall (08-17-2020), SB (08-17-2020)
Old 08-17-2020, 04:59 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by baywatch
the rest of population stays stuck in the “fear based mentality.”
Ummm...who's afraid?
Old 08-17-2020, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

The media wants us to think we are doomed and Uncle Sam must save us.
Didn't see the end of the pier and walked right off
Old 08-17-2020, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

It was a great day today, as most of the city regained power. I don’t know how many linemen and trucks came to town, but it had to be in the hundreds. I guess that we were probably dealt this because we could handle it. Not looking for any pity, but it would sure be great to see some national press so that others can see the right way to act in adversity.

Some folks that have come to town to help have commented that when they roll up to a house and offer help, most of the time the people working point to a neighbor down the street that could use the help more than them.
The following users liked this post:
CaRoCoN (08-17-2020)
Old 08-17-2020, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Believe it or not MSNBC covered it.

i was channel surfing and stopped because I had read this thread.
Old 08-18-2020, 05:59 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Believe it or not MSNBC covered it.

i was channel surfing and stopped because I had read this thread.
NBC covered it too...to the dismay or narrative hacks.
Old 07-27-2021, 11:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scorpion 230 cc lives through the storm

I bought a 84 chris craft scorpion 230 limited very cheap from cheaper rapids recently it was in the storm path last year it actually faired very well considering all the trees it was on south west side of town has few spider web spots from tree branches on end hitting it but got her going and love taking her out on the lake this old scorpion is one tuff boat to survive that part of towns storm everything around it was ****ed up from limbs its one tuff chris cat
Old 07-28-2021, 09:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Jeff - was this the building we lease from you?
Old 07-28-2021, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
Jeff - was this the building we lease from you?
No, that was a Pic that Vortech posted. In your warehouse the west facing doors all blew in and I sat in the parking lot watching the roof move up and down until a warehouse wall on the backside was blown out. That wall blowing out saved the roof. The roof of the dental office up front pretty well blew off (it is in the upper right corner of Vortecs pic). Once all was said and done, we had about $1.6M in damages. The only thing left on my "to do " list is to reinstall a metal door in the new metal wall out in your part of the warehouse.

A year later, there is still scattered damage that has not been repaired and piles of trees stacked on city property down buy the river.
Old 07-30-2021, 05:26 AM
Registered

Received 834 Likes on 353 Posts

Wow. If this was east or left coast it’s all we’d be hearing about everywhere. I watch ZERO of the big news but haven’t heard a lick on radio I listen to everyday or anywhere else. Glad to see everyone getting after it and cleaning up.