Like Tree0Likes

curios about e-bay

Old 11-14-2002, 05:38 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

My Boats: 1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454

I have had only one bad experience on Ebay. I bought a wheel for my boat that was sappossed to be new. When it showed up it was used. Now in that guys defense I did send a email back to the seller and he did offer to replace it, but I never got around to it. I have had MANY good experiences as a buyer however. The way you get the "deal" is to set a price in your own mind as to the MAX that you are willing to pay and stick with it. I see guys get into bid wars and see the prices go up over retail!!!!!!!! I will never understand that. I even saw a used Mirage prop go up over 600 bucks!!!! I about freeked. I sent a email to the two buyers and said you guys realize you can buy that prop new for less money and they said that they got carried away. GO FIGURE.

Jon
Old 11-14-2002, 05:51 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

My Boats: 27' Scarab

i bought my pickup truck off ebay. I couldn't find anything decent locally. FYI it blew up the tranny within 1000 miles of me getting it (truck did have 100k miles on it). I was pissed and had no recourse due to the fact it had oversized tires and i didn;t finish the transactrion totally on ebay. so thier the "ebay buyers insurance" doesn't cover it. I was pissed. It still cost me about what i woudl haev paid if i bought one locally even with the new tranny but at least i have new tranny
Old 11-14-2002, 06:42 AM
jb
Registered

You will be fine...but may have trouble finding someone to ship to your location...
Old 11-14-2002, 07:45 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

My Boats: 1991 34' Super Hawaii

I bought my Harley Softail on Ebay. He over nighted me a copy of the Title and I mailed him a check. Then we got the bike shipped. Also I bought several parts for my bike. It all worked great.

Just make sure it's a good deal.
Old 11-14-2002, 07:55 AM
Registered

My Boats: Fountain 1992 35 Lightning
Default ebay

Before you buy, make sure you have contact with the seller. If they are ligit, they will not hesitate to talk to you. I recently had two transactions that were cancelled due to "this account has been accessed by a third party." Translation: the account was hacked and the hacker tried to sell me an item through someone elses account. I filed a complaint ti the FBI mail fraud division and E-Bay. E-Bay does not have a system in place to verify that you are you and the seller is actually the seller. Make sure you have verified the seller in some way or another. I have bought and sold and until recently had not had any problems.