Notices

Members Apache?

Old 09-28-2020, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

I seen that video also.
Anyone familiar with that inlet. Why does all the big sportfishing yachts hook to the left going in and just about every other boat blast straight in?
Old 09-29-2020, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Those are impressive numbers for NA, are they still using the same 502 blocks I bought?
Old 09-29-2020, 09:41 PM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Those are impressive numbers for NA, are they still using the same 502 blocks I bought?
No all redone. Same blocks but not how you sold them. Like I mentioned everything in the boat has been changed replaced or repaired. It is not the same boat from years ago. Including the trailer.
Old 09-30-2020, 01:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by cheech
I seen that video also.
Anyone familiar with that inlet. Why does all the big sportfishing yachts hook to the left going in and just about every other boat blast straight in?
Coming in from offshore, you enter in the center of the inlet and then the channel actually goes to the left, closer to the rock jetty before curving back to the right and dumping into the bay. The sport fishers follow the marked channel, but most of the smaller boats can go straight through and over the shallower parts of the inlet.
Old 09-30-2020, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The boat in question is a 32 Hustler and owed by Jerry Thompson who owns East Coast Offshore in West OC at the harbor. I think it is for sale. It runs great and handles great.
Charlie
Old 10-01-2020, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Duck
Coming in from offshore, you enter in the center of the inlet and then the channel actually goes to the left, closer to the rock jetty before curving back to the right and dumping into the bay. The sport fishers follow the marked channel, but most of the smaller boats can go straight through and over the shallower parts of the inlet.
Thanks, figured as such, but wanted to clarify. Beer to ya.