Input for new boat buy needed!!

Notices

Input for new boat buy needed!!

Old 10-05-2020, 01:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Input for new boat buy needed!!

Hi all.

I am new to this forum. Had a chris craft 380 continental 15 years ago. After getting our first child the chris craft had to go. A couple of years later we bought a sea doo 200 speedster which has been great fun and it has given me a new opinion on boat life. Before, I wanted a boat on which you had complete kitchen, bathroom closets etc. etc. Now, having had the sea doo for some years I am more into speed, a boat that is easy to tow and handle by yourself. Now when the kids are older, I´m thinking of getting a boat in which you can go for longer offshore trips than what is possible with the sea doo.
If you guys getting an idea of the perfect boat, please feel free to let me know your thoughts. My criterias are (as many other boat buyers criterias) colliding, meaning I would like a boat with descent fuel economy, but it should run like the lightning, dont want it too big to be easy to handle, however it should be big and reliable enough for going on trips of 50 miles in open water, to nearby islands. And it must definately look good.... All of this without costing a fortune. . I guess I will end up, having to choose where to delimitate my criterias.
Here are my criterias:
Length: 25-28ft, (maybe 30ft, but then I will have trouble to fit it in my garage wich is a small problem, of course)
Weight: Less than 5000lbs
Maximum speed: At least 65mph, but preferably more.
Fuel consumption @ 30-40MPH: 15GPH, (some boats have of course other speeds that are optimum cruising speeds).
Money to spend: Love to find a boat around $35k but $60k might be more realistic.
CE conformity is a major PLUS since I live in Sweden, Europe.
Year of manufacturing 2005 - 2020 (preferably not older than 2010)

I started with checking the Sea Ray Pachanga 22 (2009) out. Fits most of my criterias, but is a little bit to small. After that, Stingray 225SX (2012) also, a boat that meets most of my criterias except fot the length... After that, Eliminator 300 eagle, Cobra 290 Viper SXT, Adrenaline V30. Have looked at several other boats as well of course, but keeps coming back to the "mono-V-hull-cuddy-go fast boats". The outerlimit SV29 is the boat of the day right now, except for the price

That was a long story, all ideas and thoughts are more than welcome.

Old 10-05-2020, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Velocity 280 or 290. I think there is a VR 1 in the classifieds.

Padraig
The following users liked this post:
PARASAIL941 (10-05-2020)
Old 10-05-2020, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 374 Posts

I’m partial to the fastech like...true gentlemen’s performance boat. The 292 is a nice reliable turn key package.
Old 10-05-2020, 11:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,125 Likes on 475 Posts

If you're shipping to Sweden, Size matters!

Standard container, up to 7'7" beam.
Hi Cube container, up to 8'4" beam fits sideways. That's how my Donzi 27 was shipped. Anything wider would be flat rack or roll on-roll off, a lot more expensive.

My boat was 8'4" beam and fitted tightly. that's about the maximum, an 8'6" beam won't fit. Containers are easy, everything else is customized shipping.

A 30' Y2K Superboat is 7' beam and a great boat offshore, plenty of speed and well built. Down side, there's never a lot for sale.

Happy shopping!
RR

Last edited by rak rua; 10-06-2020 at 12:08 AM.
92nsx (10-08-2020)
Old 10-06-2020, 12:45 AM
Registered

Many thanks for the wise ideas and suggestions!!
Have been looking at the fastech, velocity and also the cryptonite boats. They are the right size, but not the design i´m looking for. Never seen them IRL though. Over here, high performance racing boats are not that common...
Haha, remember when I got my CC 380 from US (Iowa). Had an offer on a small boat shipment, but went for the 380. When I got the updated shipping quotation I got an heart attack! Instead of $3000 it was $15 000 or something... "Learning by doing"...

More suggestions, anyone?
Old 10-06-2020, 12:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
If you're shipping to Sweden, Size matters!

Standard container, up to 7'7" beam.
Hi Cube container, up to 8'4" beam fits sideways. That's how my Donzi 27 was shipped. Anything wider would be flat rack or roll on-roll off, a lot more expensive.

My boat was 8'4" beam and fitted tightly. that's about the maximum, an 8'6" beam won't fit. Containers are easy, everything else is customized shipping.

A 30' Y2K Superboat is 7' beam and a great boat offshore, plenty of speed and well built. Down side, there's never a lot for sale.

Happy shopping!
RR

I sold a 30' Superboat to a guy in New Zealand. I thought he checked into containers, but the trailer was the issue. He ended up doing RoRo.
rak rua (10-06-2020)
Old 10-06-2020, 02:50 PM
Registered

Yes, I did roro on the seadoo as well. Can’t remember the beam right now, but I guess it is as wide as a container. However, since it sat on a trailer I guess shipping was something like $1500.
if I find the right boat, then the shipping will be solvable... again, after shipping the cris craft from Iowa to Newark to Rotterdam (Holland) to Bremerhaven (Germany) and from there by truck to my location (southwest of Sweden). Everything will be possible and cheap in comparison😎. Found a couple of other high speeds today that could be interesting..
anyone with experiences from
- B&H Performance water rod
- Sunsation 288
Seems they go well over 70mph. The sunsation is within my budget as well.
Old 10-06-2020, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

The Sunsation is a lake boat, you aren't going to run it 50 miles in anything over a 1 foot chop
Old 10-06-2020, 07:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,125 Likes on 475 Posts

Baja 26 Outlaw.
Old 10-07-2020, 12:55 AM
Registered

Rak rua! Sorry for me being a bit slow... I did not understand until now that Suberboat Y2K was a boat (again, I´m new to this and there are a lot of lessons to be learned I guess). Damn, that thing looks sharp! Have to read more about it. I found on this forum that a guy here in Sweden has restored one. I have to see if I can get a hold of him to get more input.
Activator could be an alternative to the Y2K..? I have checked the Baja 26 as well. Perfect size for me I guess, also very interesting boat!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.