Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Crickets for the Large Outboard Cat over at LOTO? >

Crickets for the Large Outboard Cat over at LOTO?

Notices

Crickets for the Large Outboard Cat over at LOTO?

Old 10-10-2020, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Entitlement - the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.
The following users liked this post:
TBAG (10-10-2020)
Old 10-10-2020, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Entitlement - the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.

That's 70% of society these days.
The following 3 users liked this post by Drock78:
Craney (10-10-2020), Knot 4 Me (10-10-2020), Twin O/B Sonic (10-10-2020)
Old 10-10-2020, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by jawbreakerkid
The only good advice regarding that topic is to not make poor personal decisions! Otherwise, I’d recommend you gain advice on how to fix your f-ups from your attorney! Again, glad no one was seriously injured.....which is the most important part of any accident!
+1 on nobody getting hurt/killed.

A neighbor rolled his Caddy SUV a couple years back. Spent the day out in the sun, then ended up at a bar nearby while his wife was out of town. He hopped a curb in a traffic circle and the embankment drop off allowed the vehicle to slow roll onto its side. He was going the wrong direction to his house, someone stopped to help and he persuaded them to give him a ride home for $100, leaving the Caddy in the ditch. Cops went to his house for a wellness check, he didn't answer the door. He called his lawyer the next morning, lawyer answered all the questions for the police, he never personally spoke with the cops. Tow yard released the SUV to the bodyshop/insurance company. Nothing to pursue after that, car was fixed then traded. My neighbor is retired LEO, he knew the procedures
Old 10-10-2020, 01:00 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuckonstupid
So how did the driver get to shore? Did he swim? Let’s talk about implication. Who witnessed the accident, when was it reported? Leaving a vessel of that worth floating upside down not only stinks, but is a complete disregard for public safety. And we have a moderator stating he would be lips sealed if it were him? This whole story stinks.
Actually, I said he has a right to be private. As would I.

Why should he(or I) engage in any way with the people here about what happened?

If he is in contact with authorities then that is all he owes anyone. Timing may be questioned, but it still doesn't mean he needs to explain his decisions to anyone without a vested interest, like the insurance co, police, etc
The following 2 users liked this post by Cash Bar:
cheech (10-11-2020), Griff (10-10-2020)
Old 10-10-2020, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Actually, I said he has a right to be private. As would I.

Why should he(or I) engage in any way with the people here about what happened?

If he is in contact with authorities then that is all he owes anyone. Timing may be questioned, but it still doesn't mean he needs to explain his decisions to anyone without a vested interest, like the insurance co, police, etc
A great example of this is the infamous fountain spin out. I still see non boaters on Facebook sharing the most recent dub step remix every few months. That go pro should have gone swimming when that happened.
The following 4 users liked this post by tmmii:
flat rate (10-10-2020), KCHOTBOAT (10-11-2020), ptlaporte (10-10-2020), thirdchildhood (10-11-2020)
Old 10-11-2020, 06:39 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by tmmii
A great example of this is the infamous fountain spin out. I still see non boaters on Facebook sharing the most recent dub step remix every few months. That go pro should have gone swimming when that happened.
I still havent watched any of those videos, i saw the original one. my friend was working at pbc when that happened and he met the owner and said he was such a good guy... i just feel bad for him, people got hurt. i cant laugh at it because Ive had my own mistakes...
The following 5 users liked this post by offshoredrillin:
BobbyB (10-12-2020), Griff (10-11-2020), IGetWet (10-11-2020), jawbreakerkid (10-11-2020), underpsi68 (10-11-2020)
Old 10-11-2020, 09:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by tmmii
I still cant believe they posted that up so fast when that happened.
dykstra (10-11-2020)
Old 10-11-2020, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by flat rate
I still cant believe they posted that up so fast when that happened.
It had all the viral ingredients, women in bikinis, fast boats and a crash!

This guy exploded on Tik Tok and its been a windfall for everyone. Truck broke down, he rides his skateboard to work while drinking Ocean Spray singing dreams by Fleetwood Mac. Mick Fleetwood did a tribute video to the guy AND Ocean Spray bought the guy a brand new truck because the exposure was so great. They said a superbowl commercial wouldn't have been as great as this 20 second video! I don't get it

Old 10-11-2020, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I still laugh at the "What Is Love Dubstep" version of the video. My understanding is that none of the injuries were serious. You don't see remixes of the double fatal cat blowover from a few years ago. And, yes, the GoPro should have gone swimming!
Old 10-11-2020, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

It is odd that boat occasionally are left in unusual places after sunset.
Indy (10-11-2020)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.