October Sarasota Fun Run Cancelled

Notices

October Sarasota Fun Run Cancelled

Old 10-14-2020, 03:21 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 947 Likes on 446 Posts
Default October Sarasota Fun Run Cancelled

Hard callóbut the Sarasota Blast On The Bay Fun Run will return in June 2021, https://www.speedonthewater.com/octo...run-cancelled/
Old 10-15-2020, 05:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Damn
Old 10-15-2020, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 109 Posts

Bad timing is all.

The June run was perfect as everyone was ready or here for the usual Sarasota offshore run but it was canceled so it set up a perfect event for everyone.

Living here all my life, there is no events I can think of that will get 100+ boats on a random weekend for a poker run, this area just doesnt care enough. To easy to pay no fees and boat to the islands all around with friends. I feel to get those kind of numbers you have to place the run in the same time frame as when another event is going on that might also bring others not from around here in to the run.
The following users liked this post:
PARASAIL941 (10-15-2020)
Old 10-15-2020, 10:53 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 947 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0 View Post
Bad timing is all.

The June run was perfect as everyone was ready or here for the usual Sarasota offshore run but it was canceled so it set up a perfect event for everyone.

Living here all my life, there is no events I can think of that will get 100+ boats on a random weekend for a poker run, this area just doesnt care enough. To easy to pay no fees and boat to the islands all around with friends. I feel to get those kind of numbers you have to place the run in the same time frame as when another event is going on that might also bring others not from around here in to the run.
That makes a lot of sense.
Old 10-15-2020, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio View Post
That makes a lot of sense.

I love living here but this is a terrible spot for poker runs that dont bring down people from other areas (like FPC). There is a lot of amazing hardware around here but most are content with just taking a cruise and friends to the islands with no agenda or plans.

I will say though we did the June run and I LOVED it so hope they do bring it back in that area around when the Sarasota race is, we will be there again for sure.