Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Tampa Bay to the Keys, SELL YOUR BOAT NOW!! >

Tampa Bay to the Keys, SELL YOUR BOAT NOW!!

Notices

Tampa Bay to the Keys, SELL YOUR BOAT NOW!!

Old 11-15-2002, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Dean why don't you make a letter that we all could copy and we'll send it to the right people down in Florida!!!!
Old 11-15-2002, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Does this mean that we should sell our cars and stop driving for all the killing of the racoons, possums, skunks and deer???

That's insane!
Old 11-15-2002, 08:20 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

KC Baja,
Good point! Not only that comparision, BUT why are we allowed to SPEED along @ 15-20 MPH in SCHOOL ZONES, BUT have to do 5MPH in Manatee zones! That is if you are a recreational boater, tugs/barges, and commercial boaters with Manatee Zone Waviers allowed to do up 25 MPH!!! I guess our CHILDERN'S lives aren't as important as Manatees are! Just ask the $MC, they will set you straight!

Baja27,
IF you go to the websites, I believe there sample letters there. Thanks for your interest.

Bottom line, the Manatee isn't ENDANGERED anymore, and never really was! What's ENDANGERED is the $MC reason for existing!! They will continue to sue, and sling propaganda to rationlize their existance!! The $MC was a good idea, that has gone REALLY BAD!!
MD
Old 11-15-2002, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there any way the local and statewide businesses that thrive on boating and boaters to join together and sue the $MC and other organizations for the damages that they are and will cause?????

Turn the table on these a-holes.

I am not a lawyer, but this seems more acceptable of a lawsuit than many of these other frivilous lawsuits we hear of every day.

I am joining the group to help the fight. I have been actively trying to get a job anywhere in Florida for the past three months. It would be my luck to finally move down there and not be allowed to boat anymore.
Old 11-15-2002, 08:49 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Brian,
Thank you for your support and Good luck in your job hunting. Where are you looking to move to and what is your occupation? Maybe I can help.

Right now, as far as I know, the NMMA and a few other boat manufacters organizations are just lobbying in DC and Tallahassee. We, CFW Brevard, are the ONLY GROUP to file a lawsuit to try and stop this! Sea-Ray joined our lawsuit when the FFWCC/USFWS was going to DENY their Manatee zone waiver to test their boats in the Barge Canal, where Sea-Ray builds all their BIG YACHTS! But, Sea-Ray PULLED OUT of the lawsuit, once the USFWS/FFWCC reinstated their WAIVER!!! That's the kind of support we are getting from the Marine Manufacturers, NONE!!!
Sea-Ray/Brunswick/Mercury marine is only concerned with selling boats! I guess they figure they don't have to worry about how many boats they sell in FL. and as long as they can TEST their boats, and sell the majority of them out of state!!

I have asked that same Q. many times before!!

Be advised, when we bought our H2Ofront home off Sykes creek, we had a couple of MANATEE Zones, NOW we have 7-9 MILES of Manatee zones! Point being, be careful where you live/boat, because it's only going to get worse, if we can't stop this INSANITY!
MD
Old 11-15-2002, 09:23 AM
Registered

Dean,
No problem, and thank you for your offer of help.
I am an outside plant engineer with SBC/Ameritech. Basically, I design jobs for the outside force to work from in improving, building, and re-arranging all types of telephone cable and equipment. I have been with the phone company for nearly eight years now.
Prior to that, I was in retail and wholesale sales. All automotive.

My wife is also sending out resumes all over.
She is a territory sales manager for Philip Morris USA.

At this point, I am about ready to drop everything and go wait tables just to get down there.

If I can't land a telecom job, I will pursue a sales job of any kind.

We both have great paying, somewhat stable* jobs, but they aren't in Florida. So we have had it with the weather and are sick of visiting Florida. It's time for a change before we grow old and regret never doing it.

Last edited by Flyinbrian; 11-15-2002 at 09:26 AM.
Old 11-15-2002, 09:38 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Brian,
I'm a low-life DOD engineering consultant, so I don't know how much I can help you in your career BUT, if you want, you can PM me with your data/Reusme' and I'll keep an eye/ear open for ya!
MD
Old 11-15-2002, 01:12 PM
Registered

Dean,

My resume has too many characters to send through private messaging. Also, you PM box is full .

Thanks again for your help,
Brian
Old 11-15-2002, 01:19 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Brian,
I cleaned out my PM box. Let me know if I can help, you can send it to my email account
[email protected]
TGIF
Dean