Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Renegade vs Others (Statement/Sunsation/Etc) >

Renegade vs Others (Statement/Sunsation/Etc)

Notices

Renegade vs Others (Statement/Sunsation/Etc)

Old 11-27-2020, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Kamma
Pretty sure Sunstation wouldn’t be my first choice, this guy swerved to avoid a jet ski and almost killed himself, that’s the story anyway

You have not a clue.
The following users liked this post:
Drake22.250 (11-28-2020)
Old 11-28-2020, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This was a thread about outboard CC's. That Sunsation is neither.
Dave M (11-28-2020)
Old 11-29-2020, 05:51 AM
Registered

Received 54 Likes on 24 Posts

No other thoughts on Statement or Sunsation??
Old 11-29-2020, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Apexwarrior
This guy is on his 3rd or 4th Sunsation in the last 10 years (2 34's, a 43 I/O and I think he started with a 32 I/O)
https://www.speedonthewater.com/witt...-450r-engines/

This was his last boat and the new owner was thrilled with it:
https://www.speedonthewater.com/bio-...sation-34-ccx/

Call the factory and talk to Joe (one of the owners), you will like the guy and probably buy a Sunsation!
Old 11-29-2020, 08:33 AM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
power coating rarely holds up long term.......looks great new and then the bubbling starts, then flaking and bare metal.

I watched a video of a boat review and the reviewer said most cases the PC is fine but once they drill holes in it for the accessories/wires etc then that breaks the surface and the breakdown starts.

Not sure of your info source. I have been in the hurricane shutter manufacturing business for almost 15 years here in south Fl.. Products we manufacturer are basically all aluminum in construction. Probably 50% are powder coated. We also use almost as much that is wet paint. Our products have surfacer products applied at the mill. Suffice it to say there are numerous options available when it comes to surface prep and applied products. Most of our products are mounted on homes on or around salt water. I can purchase extrusions or rolled products that would exhibit poor adhesion or oxidation in 3 to 4 years, either powder or wet. At the same time, I can and do, purchase products that maintain their good appearance for at least 15 years and beyond. A customer purchasing a $5000 to $10000 device that has to be removed and re manufactured after 3-4 years in service would most certainly put us out of business. Trust me, that is not the norm in the industry. However, drilling or cutting can induce potential oxidation but that is not what is happening here, especially considering the span of the surfaces exhibiting the condition. Bottom line, not all powder coated products are created equally.
Old 11-29-2020, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

I think nortechs are probably the highest quality of those mentioned. And the most expensive, they are fast too.

Statement looks to do everything nortech does, they are a little slower I think. They cost less for sure. they’re getting a really strong following around st Pete and I’ve seen a few at loto. They’ve made some really pretty boats. The maroon and grey 35 really made an impression on me.

Statements and nortechs are wider 10’ beam boats.

Concepts and renegades are narrower. I’m a huge fan of the concept 36. Concepts have really classic cigarette boat lines and only need twins, so I think they’ll do well for resale. They cost less to buy.

Renegades are pretty similar to concept in size and style. I’ve not been on either. In general I think they are cheaper to buy than concepts. I haven’t heard anything negative about their quality.

I don’t know much about sunnys. Looks like they’re in same niche as nortech and statement. Not saying they’re bad but I’d buy a nortech or statement before them. They look a bit too cab forward with where they mounted the console. And the drooping rub rail line going forward doesn’t look great.

I question the resale market for triple and quad engine boats once they get old. Resale for all CCs has been fine so far. But I envision the bigger harder to trailer boats will run into a problem at a certain age.

Last edited by hogie roll; 11-29-2020 at 09:41 AM.
Apexwarrior (11-30-2020)
Old 11-30-2020, 03:59 AM
Registered

Received 54 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks - good stuff ^^^. I also question triples or Quads. I love HP as much as the next guy and its why my current boat has whipples, but I wonder about how often you run over 50 mph in these? Looks like there's little wind protection, which must suck for passengers. And passengers are a big reason to go with boats like this to begin with IMO.
Old 11-30-2020, 04:17 AM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

Thanks - good stuff ^^^. I also question triples or Quads. I love HP as much as the next guy and its why my current boat has whipples, but I wonder about how often you run over 50 mph in these? Looks like there's little wind protection, which must suck for passengers. And passengers are a big reason to go with boats like this to begin with IMO.
Yes it’s quite windy. The area forward of my console is actually the quietest. There’s some wind deflectors molded into the deck. I generally cruise around 30 and sometimes slower with a crew. I’ll go a lot faster by myself or with just another guy. I see guys hot rodding around on their CCs with big crews, but no one is having fun except the captain.
The following 4 users liked this post by hogie roll:
Bostonirish (11-30-2020), Gary C (12-01-2020), Indy (11-30-2020), rak rua (11-30-2020)
Old 11-30-2020, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

What particularly about Statement?

As was said I wouldnt really compare them to Renegade as it is a 10's beam boat so it isnt really a apples to apples.

Statements are great boats (both the 35 and 38). They ride awesome and dry, I would say Sunsation is prob a touch faster but both are more than fine in speed areas. A 35 with twin 350's will run low 60 on a great day but cruise is mid to upper 40's. A 38 with triples you are cruising in the 50's all day.

Nick is an Amazing guy to deal with as is Craig and they can add a lot for the customer. Only downfall for them IMO is no dive door which these days should be standard on all CC's.
Old 11-30-2020, 06:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Matt, you can buy a 37pc and a little hotrod and have the best of both worlds....you know Kris would love the PC 😂😂😂😂....sorry buddy, too easy 🍺🍺

You also would spend less money than these CC’s cost.
Apexwarrior (12-01-2020)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.