Project: Super Cat Light Skater Heading For Outboard Conversion >

Project: Super Cat Light Skater Heading For Outboard Conversion

Notices

Project: Super Cat Light Skater Heading For Outboard Conversion

Old 02-08-2021, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 95 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Skater30
Glad to see you take on this project to save another ex-raceboat from eternal storage. Contact me if you have any questions about the inboard-to-outboard conversion, I can fill you in on what we did with my conversion at Skater. I've got pictures of the entire process, as I flew back to Michigan about a dozen times over the course of the conversion.

Thanks for the offer, once I get the boat home and review the project I might send you a message.
Old 02-08-2021, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Great project and I love the lines of that 368. I noticed the listing awhile back and remember thinking that it looked like a good buy for someone with the time and skill to convert it to a pleasure boat. Are you planning a wrap around windshield or going to try to keep the windshield from the canopy setup?
Old 02-08-2021, 02:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Lake rat Skater
Great project and I love the lines of that 368. I noticed the listing awhile back and remember thinking that it looked like a good buy for someone with the time and skill to convert it to a pleasure boat. Are you planning a wrap around windshield or going to try to keep the windshield from the canopy setup?
We are going to keep the front canopy windshield and have different (Longer) 1 piece side windows made for the boat. I actually like the look of the small 4 seat style cockpits. This will be our 3rd boat with that configuration and it suits us well.
The following users liked this post:
davidmercury (02-10-2021)
Old 02-09-2021, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the new boat! Looking forward to seeing it on the Ft Myers Offshore outings. I Always wondered with the turned up 350 Verados did you switch the lower units to sport masters or keep the 5.44 HDs?

Last edited by TTLambo; 02-09-2021 at 04:46 PM.
Old 02-10-2021, 06:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TTLambo
Congrats on the new boat! Looking forward to seeing it on the Ft Myers Offshore outings. I Always wondered with the turned up 350 Verados did you switch the lower units to sport masters or keep the 5.44 HDs?
For the first few years with Verado's I ran the 5.44 HD torque master's with a bob's nosecone and my own version of a lower water pickup. The boat ran really well. When the 1pc prop shaft became available I ordered 2 brand new sportmaster lower units. So, currently I have the sportmasters on the motors and the torque master's as backup.
Old 02-10-2021, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 588 Likes on 352 Posts

when did the 1 piece propshaft became available

Old 02-10-2021, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

I am about to do the same project except on a 32B. I hope this prop shaft holds up.
That is the one set back from going from Dry sum six. Mikey keeps talking about this one piece prop shaft like it will be the fix.
I am buying all the merc tools and intend to have a couple of lowers kicking around.
Old 02-10-2021, 07:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pro1
I am about to do the same project except on a 32B. I hope this prop shaft holds up.
That is the one set back from going from Dry sum six. Mikey keeps talking about this one piece prop shaft like it will be the fix.
I am buying all the merc tools and intend to have a couple of lowers kicking around.
If Mikey can't break them they must be strong. He has had some bad luck with Props and Propshafts.
Old 02-10-2021, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Maritime_Eng
If Mikey can't break them they must be strong. He has had some bad luck with Props and Propshafts.

LOL Bryan will get it done.