Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   A Very Rare Moment In Time Will Happen On 11-16-2002 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/37053-very-rare-moment-time-will-happen-11-16-2002-a.html)

PhantomChaos 11-15-2002 10:10 PM

A Very Rare Moment In Time Will Happen On 11-16-2002

PhantomChaos will be DMAN's guest for the day on Running W/the Devil.

Of course......a full report will follow. :D

http://www.scopeinfo.com/images/HOT-Shots/poker-51.jpg

wwwTOPDJcom 11-15-2002 10:14 PM

Wish I could go for a ride too
I allready miss the warm weather Boo Hoo

timucin 11-15-2002 10:34 PM

:cool: ;) :cool:

Audiofn 11-15-2002 10:45 PM

It will be the highlight of my trip out on Thanksgiving. Well the second highlight :D:D

Jon

MitchStellin 11-15-2002 11:15 PM

Those are some great running shots. I could stare at those drives for hours.:D

Von Bongo 11-16-2002 03:03 AM

Be careful Nort, you may actually want to sell your daycruiser and buy an offshore boat after that trip!

Why are those people wearing coats by the way? Must have gotten into the 70's that day :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

PhantomChaos 11-16-2002 09:24 AM

Leaving now for a day "with the Devil". :D :D :D :D :D

Audiofn 11-16-2002 09:41 AM

DUDE leaving now to ride up the 405!!!!! You are going to be late and left on the DOCK!!!!!! There is NO excuse for tardiness :D

Jon

obnoxus 11-16-2002 10:53 AM

See ya all there !!!!!

Smitty 11-16-2002 12:11 PM

If you look closely at the picture you can see a rainbow in the spray from another boat directly above D-Man's ride. That is a cool pic.:D

PhantomChaos 11-16-2002 08:53 PM

Thanks for the day DMan!!!!!

DEVIL VIDEO HERE (Right Click and save as....13M)

cigarette1 11-16-2002 09:04 PM

MOST excellent day !!!!!!

:cool:

wwwTOPDJcom 11-16-2002 09:18 PM

Excellent Vid Nort I thought you were gonna lose the camera
for a moment I take it t Dmans boat is Blown cause that baby was a Moving.:D

Sydwayz 11-16-2002 09:48 PM

EXCELLENT!! Thanks for the Vid!

gdfatha 11-16-2002 09:57 PM

Great Video-Awesome audio

Makes me homesick for good old Woodland Hills and the drives to the oceans and lakes.
marc

Audiofn 11-16-2002 10:00 PM

Nort thanks for that. :D It is snowing out this way and that is going to have to be my boat fix for the weekend :(

Jon

cigarette1 11-16-2002 10:54 PM

Jeffrey, Jim, Dman, DougiFresh, Steamin Rice, Uncle Toys,Rick32,kwb, some others not on the board.

I rode with Jeffrey (thanks bro)

Excellent day:cool:

candyman35 11-17-2002 12:58 AM

PhantomChaos,
Great video! Thanks for sharing.

Audiofn,
It's snowing in Chi town also. :( Time start working on the boat. Any suggestions for subs to go with those Babbs speakers?

Dan

MitchStellin 11-17-2002 08:29 AM

Nort, you were lucky you didn't get sucked into those scoops!! I need to move, it is 20deg here right now!!!!!!!

mama tryed 11-17-2002 09:00 AM

SWEET!!!!!!

cgarrett 11-17-2002 11:26 AM

PhantomChaos

Nort,
I want to thank you for posting all of the great video clips and the fantastic pictures that you add to the threads. I really enjoy viewing what you post. :)

Thanks,
Cordell

Team Gary 11-17-2002 12:21 PM

Great video. Capt Ron. You didn't let poodle beat you did you?

PhantomChaos 11-17-2002 09:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I revised the video today.

DEVIL VIDEO #2 HERE (Right Click and Save As....18M)

Cgarrett and everyone else...Thanks for your comments. I really appreciate it.

DMan.....thanks for the great ride. It was great to see everyone out there for a beautiful SoCal winter day. About 85 degrees, t-shirt weather (or bikini) and sweet "pillow" water.

PhantomChaos 11-17-2002 09:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The morning at Lido.

PhantomChaos 11-17-2002 09:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We gave a Long Beach to Newport ride to fellow OSO members Dennis and Cheryl (board name obnoxious)

PhantomChaos 11-17-2002 09:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Uncle Toys made it out in the salt for the first time ever. Joe, great to see you and Kathy.

PhantomChaos 11-17-2002 09:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Over 12 boats showed up for the weather!

MAKDADDY 11-17-2002 11:04 PM

Nice Ride

:D

PhantomChaos 11-18-2002 10:28 AM

Originally posted by 105mph_38_2003
Is that a Titanic replica in the background?? Was the beak boat with you also?? How far did you get the speed to??:D :D

Titanic replica? :D :D :D That's the Queen Mary!!! Yes, there are a number of Fountains in our club adn two of them were out on Saturday.

As far as speed goes.....I would imagine that we got up to 95 or around there. I tried to be tricky and a had a Garmin pocket GPS in bag. I had reset the MAX mph before we left, and when I checked it in Long Beach, it said the MAX was 122mph. I'm not sure how if figured that one, but even with perfect water and a strong wind.......RWD will max out about 103-105.

Uncle Toys 11-18-2002 10:38 AM

Sorry, that was not an excellent day – no way!

Pull out of Newport’s breakwater and there’s all the SCOPE big dawgs. Come up on the sticks and head north along the coast – gentle desert breeze blowing offshore, nothing but blue above, t-shirts, shorts, sun block and the big lake is behaving.

Not an excellent day, nope!

Running up the coast at 70 mph. Fresh’s dry pipes barking off my port, Rick’s dry pipes barking off my starboard. The hair on my arms is at attention. This kind of run is the reason you own a boat. Just when the adrenaline is maxing out, another sound moves along side – Devil Man with Nort videoing.

Twenty five minutes running my little kitty up to Long Beach in the salt with the big dawgs, I can tell you one thing for certain – I wasn’t thinking about my appointments for Monday morning, the damn manic-depressive stock market, the marketing guys trying to crowd onto my schedule or which college little princess is going to get into. You just can’t be more in the moment than that!

Nope, that wasn’t an excellent day Gary – that was surreal!

Driving home, Kathy is asking all kinds of questions. Which boat would I pick, steps or no steps, how much is insurance on a 38’ Cig, what’s the fuel burn, can we get a porta-potty in the cabin?

Guys, I think my boats for sale :cool: :cool:

Havasu Hangin 11-18-2002 11:12 AM

Great video, guys...http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy34.gif

It's not easy being you, is it?http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy06.gif

Steamin Rice 11-18-2002 11:16 AM

Nort,

Another great video......

Good to see eveybody on Sat.....

Here are a few pics that I took

http://free.hotboat.net/gallery/Foru...t/PB160010.JPG

http://free.hotboat.net/gallery/Foru...t/PB160008.JPG

http://free.hotboat.net/gallery/Foru...t/PB160006.JPG

http://free.hotboat.net/gallery/Foru...t/PB160004.JPG

Audiofn 11-18-2002 11:28 AM

Originally posted by Uncle Toys
Sorry, that was not an excellent day – no way!

Pull out of Newport’s breakwater and there’s all the SCOPE big dawgs. Come up on the sticks and head north along the coast – gentle desert breeze blowing offshore, nothing but blue above, t-shirts, shorts, sun block and the big lake is behaving.

Not an excellent day, nope!

Running up the coast at 70 mph. Fresh’s dry pipes barking off my port, Rick’s dry pipes barking off my starboard. The hair on my arms is at attention. This kind of run is the reason you own a boat. Just when the adrenaline is maxing out, another sound moves along side – Devil Man with Nort videoing.

Twenty five minutes running my little kitty up to Long Beach in the salt with the big dawgs, I can tell you one thing for certain – I wasn’t thinking about my appointments for Monday morning, the damn manic-depressive stock market, the marketing guys trying to crowd onto my schedule or which college little princess is going to get into. You just can’t be more in the moment than that!

Nope, that wasn’t an excellent day Gary – that was surreal!

Driving home, Kathy is asking all kinds of questions. Which boat would I pick, steps or no steps, how much is insurance on a 38’ Cig, what’s the fuel burn, can we get a porta-potty in the cabin?

Guys, I think my boats for sale :cool: :cool:

Aint it fun UT :D:D Your wife and my girlfriend would get along JUST FINE :D:D

Hey I am out there on the 27th to the 2nd. I know I know a short trip BUT I think there is another run on the Friday or the Saturday. :D:D Hope you can make it again.

Jon

Bam Bam 11-18-2002 11:44 AM

Great Video!!

Nort, what software are you using to capture and edit the video? I use Ulead but the quality is no where near what you get.

CigDaze 11-18-2002 12:00 PM

Awesome, guys! Great run, must have been a blast...

Thanks for the video. Those motors are just the thing to get you going on a Monday Morning! :D :cool:

rick32 11-18-2002 12:01 PM

Nort !
Where is thy footage bro ! ......... I was there too !
laughs..... man what an awesome day... I wish you guy would have made it to Woody's for cocktail hours ...yup, we raged on !

Cheer's,
Rick32

PhantomChaos 11-18-2002 12:04 PM

BamBam- It's taken with a DV cam, and uploaded to my PC and edited with Pinnicle Video version 8. There are two versions. First one has no music was a quicky to get on line. The other is more polished. I hope people copy them by the end of the week, because I will be deleteing them. It's too pricy to pay for the data traffic all the time.

DEVIL VIDEO HERE (Right Click and save as....13M)

DEVIL VIDEO #2 HERE (Right Click and Save As....18M)

Uncle Toys 11-18-2002 12:25 PM

Audio - Where does your girlfriend live?

We are going to the lake for Thanksgiving weekend, its the kickoff weekend for the desert season. Big desert poker run. So, afraid we can't make the SCOPE run - bummer!

Sorry were going to miss you this time around, but Spring Heatwave Poker run for sure!

DEVIL MAN 11-18-2002 01:23 PM

Phantom...great job on the video...you kill me!!! That was one awesome day....even with the Dark Side!!! Next time I buy a boat, I am taking you with me....you are way too observant, like my sixth grade teacher, Mr. Peabody!!!! Always picking things apart....you gave me a complex!!!!! We needed some rough water to make things happen....yeah, I did put the small pulley's on with some octane additive....122 is about rilght!!!;) :D

I like hanging around you and Jeffrey...the top speed of RWD goes up a mile per hour every other week!!!!!

Thanks again Norty!!!!!

DMan.....the weather was absolutely Delightful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PhantomChaos 11-18-2002 07:27 PM

DMAN-

If it's true, I am totally surprised. Did you really get the video to work all by yourself, or did your assistant Michelle do it for you?

I wasn't being picky, I just know what a poodle you can be so if that thing on the bow was a bird ****, I figured I'd wipe if off for you. But since it wasn't, then I couldn't. :D :D :D :D

You friggin Cig people got me thinking about #6's and stuff.