Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Mercury 450R - any issues? >

Mercury 450R - any issues?

Notices

Mercury 450R - any issues?

Old 04-01-2021, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 231 Likes on 90 Posts

There is good news for anyone that is not happy with them. The market demand is very, very, high so selling them will be an easy task. I ordered a set a couple weeks ago and I will be lucky to get them before new years.

Joe
Old 04-02-2021, 06:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi!

How many months do they estimate it takes to deliver them? I heard as much as 9 months ...

Cheers, Toffen

Originally Posted by JPEROG
There is good news for anyone that is not happy with them. The market demand is very, very, high so selling them will be an easy task. I ordered a set a couple weeks ago and I will be lucky to get them before new years.

Joe
Old 04-03-2021, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 50 Likes on 26 Posts

updates: Earlier this week, after waiting for my parts the last 3 weeks or so, all the parts came in with the exception of (2) boost valves which..wait for it...were on backorder. Mechanic contacted whomever in mercury and they didn't have a time frame for when the part would arrive. So that sucked. Yet again, waiting. Apparently, after being frustrated, I reached out to some of the right people. Parts were here miraculously by Friday. Good news, now just have to wait for mechanic to install and hope its good to go. Again, maybe I just got an early motor, or just have bad luck but, it's literally been something with each motor. Its nice to hear that people have 1000's of hours with them already with no issues however, that is far from my experience.

The following users liked this post:
Michael Fiore (05-21-2021)
Old 04-04-2021, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorMD
updates: Earlier this week, after waiting for my parts the last 3 weeks or so, all the parts came in with the exception of (2) boost valves which..wait for it...were on backorder. Mechanic contacted whomever in mercury and they didn't have a time frame for when the part would arrive. So that sucked. Yet again, waiting. Apparently, after being frustrated, I reached out to some of the right people. Parts were here miraculously by Friday. Good news, now just have to wait for mechanic to install and hope its good to go. Again, maybe I just got an early motor, or just have bad luck but, it's literally been something with each motor. Its nice to hear that people have 1000's of hours with them already with no issues however, that is far from my experience.
Issues on the outside motors or inside?
Old 04-04-2021, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 50 Likes on 26 Posts

Believe boost valves are center/stb
OLDRAT (04-04-2021)
Old 04-05-2021, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 231 Likes on 90 Posts

Toffen,

There are several manufactures that have 100 or more motors on order. If for some reason they don't take them at the time of production, then they will call the next on the list. With the way boats are selling at this point, I don't hold much faith in getting a call before years end.

Joe
Old 05-21-2021, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bullhead
No mechanical issues thus far for me (knock on wood).....however they are a pain in the azz to flush.....the access plugs on the Cowlings seem to create a vacuum and most of the time I have to use pliers to turn them to open and then the hose barb only comes out about an inch and it is a b*tch to hook the hose up....I am sure someone way smarter than me (which would be most) has figured out a hack to make it easier
I ordered my boat with the auto flush system. Not cheap... Nothing on a boat is but Id say it was worth every penny. Just plug your hose into one spot on the boat and let it run. It circulates through each engine (3 in my case) at either 7 or 11minute intervals then shuts itself off. DONE! Its all the difference in the world between "I dont feel like flushing today" or "Ill just plug this in, turn it on and walk away"
The following 2 users liked this post by Michael Fiore:
Bullhead (05-24-2021), hogie roll (05-23-2021)
Old 05-22-2021, 04:22 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorMD
If I were you I'd get them fixed and sell them. Like everyone said the market is hot so sell them and re-rig with 400's. Having a new boat that you constantly can't use because of the motors is the absolute worse and sucks all the fun out of what you spent all that money on. Sounds like you got some lemons and I'd be cutting my losses and going with a platform that has proven reliable for 16 years.
GatorMD (05-24-2021)
Old 05-23-2021, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Can anyone speak of any other Mercury R(acing) engine that have or had issues other than the 450R?
Old 05-23-2021, 04:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Fiore
Can anyone speak of any other Mercury R(acing) engine that have or had issues other than the 450R?
I had several issues with my Promax 300 and my Merc 2.5 EFI SS engines (no suprise..). But is several years ago now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.