Yes. those photos are from I had her.
Old 03-22-2021, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by CigaretteSam
Yes. those photos are from I had her.
A link to your original ad with more photos:

https://offerup.com/item/detail/656282132/

I am looking for myself and will expand my search to include more of the Midwest--I'll let you know if anything comes up.
Old 03-22-2021, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 1960brookwood
A link to your original ad with more photos:

https://offerup.com/item/detail/656282132/

I am looking for myself and will expand my search to include more of the Midwest--I'll let you know if anything comes up.
Thank you, much appreciated
Old 03-22-2021, 07:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

This popped up on a Facebook page, you may have seen it?
I just posted on there, if anyone knows her whereabouts, I’ll pass on the info.

Old 03-22-2021, 07:30 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

LaMotta's from Port Washington LI?
Old 03-22-2021, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
This popped up on a Facebook page, you may have seen it?
I just posted on there, if anyone knows her whereabouts, I’ll pass on the info.

Yes, I saw that. The photo's with the owner standing next to it are photos I took years ago when i was doing a special gift for him (to be presented at the NPBA Hall of Fame NYC Poker Run). I'm pretty sure that was back when I was in middle school....time sure flys!
Old 04-21-2021, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE 1981 Squadron XII:

Originally Posted by CigaretteSam
Looking for my old boat that I sold in 2019, I might be interested in buying it back, has anyone seen it or know of it's whereabouts? It was a 1981 39' Squadron XII "Dry Martini". Dark green. That boat meant alot to me, and was definitely one of a kind.
I sold it to a gentleman in Iowa, so I assume that is where it is- unless he sold it.I do not have any photo's of it, however there are some floating around on here somewhere.
I have a 1981 39’ Squadron 12 that I would consider selling. It’s not your original boat but probably just like it. It has 2, 600 cubic inch normally aspirated engines, single 4 bbl carbs and run on pump gas. I has SSM IV drives, Stellings headers and sits on a Target trailer. The last time in the water 12 years ago it ran 97 mph. It was put away inside and hasn’t been run since then. The engines and Huber transmissions are fresh, maybe 2 hours on them.
I was possibly going to get it wet this year but so busy at work that may not happen and maybe I would consider selling for the right number. The boat is Kevlar, white and in perfect shape. The trailer is average. You can call me at 708-532-0303 M-F 8-5 cst if interested.
Old 04-22-2021, 02:49 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default A gentleman in Iowa

Hello Sam, I friend sent me a link to this site today, after reading this I figured I would reach out and help you with your search.
I have your old boat, I am the guy from Iowa, it was a pleasure to meet you and your dad. It sure was a hell of a drive out of the city pulling that boat. LOL. I have to say, I’m not sure I could sell this boat back to you if I wanted too.
I have a partner on this project and we plan to make a documentary on this restomod, we have spent the last 2 years getting a parts we need to dig in. Roughly about a month after we meet at the marina, We bought another boat, a ( Bill Farmer) pre Fountain Excalibur 33 specifically for the engines. ( Ron the Nightmare Rogers stamped 496’s, with Merlin heads, h beam rods, eagle crank, Rogers speed is creditable I’ve read, in Florida now, sold east coast shop to a brother.. anyway TSR drives ( looking for Konrad’s) and I have stelling exhaust. We ran around on this boat for 2 years and pulled the power/ drives last fall.
The Dry Martini is getting a full stagger, the engine bay is huge We plan to keep the Dry Martini’s legacy, but tastefully update this boat,
I have been searching the internet and have had a hell of a time finding these boats still on the water. I’ve seen a white one, (possible the post before me ) post a picture please.
I’ve seen one over seas, and several in the bone yards. Anyway they are super hard to find. And I’ve been looking for differences, changes made to the dry martini, from stock. Still gathering ideas for changes/ updates, I have a lot of questions on this boat and many other items pertaining to this project, I need help, information on setting drive height staggered, stand-off box ideas, prop size ideas, on these older boats
I have some pictures of the boat, but haven’t figured out how to post on here yet.
Kris

Last edited by Squadron39; 04-22-2021 at 02:51 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Squadron39:
Gmogomez (04-22-2021), hoodoo (04-22-2021), rak rua (04-22-2021)
Old 04-22-2021, 03:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

You need to have at least 10 posts to post pics. Sorry Sam but we’d all like to see pics. 🙂
Welcome to oso, now get posting! Haha...

RR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.