Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
vessel view on Garmin and Raymarine! >

vessel view on Garmin and Raymarine!

Notices

vessel view on Garmin and Raymarine!

Old 04-20-2021, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default vessel view on Garmin and Raymarine!

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/...ine-displays-/

This is great news to be able to get away from Simrad displays!
Old 04-20-2021, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

wondering if they will update firmware on older garmin units so they will have the same capability
Old 04-20-2021, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 289 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by poulsen11@yahoo.
wondering if they will update firmware on older garmin units so they will have the same capability
If they did that, you wouldn't buy a new one
The following users liked this post:
30outlaw (04-22-2021)
Old 04-22-2021, 07:40 PM
Registered

depends on "older" i would say at least need n2k.

Last edited by 30outlaw; 04-24-2021 at 04:39 PM.
Old 04-23-2021, 12:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

What is the difference between this and the NMEA 2K gateway? That's what I am using now along with smartcraft gauges.
Old 04-23-2021, 01:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dave M
What is the difference between this and the NMEA 2K gateway? That's what I am using now along with smartcraft gauges.
well disclaimer I am not an expert nor associated with anybody just my personal projects and research....

the gateway took smartcraft data and put it onto a n2k network so any mfd could have engine data using that mfd's generic gauge interface. biggest downfall here is you get generic faults if any at all

the vessel view link was for mercury/simrad/Lowrance/bg mfd's ONLY and gave you the actual mercury vessel view gauge interface and the big advantage here is faults, vessel view interface will give you the fault description (ex. engine misfire cyl 8)

the new connect appears to be like the vessel view link just for Garmin and raymarine mfd's

I did a pretty extensive upgrade from gauges to all mfd's on a boat recently and went with simrad for the very reason to get the oem mercury interface/vessel view software. had this been available I for sure would have went a different route with the displays! I don't think simrad displays are bad nor am I not happy with them, there are just better displays out there.
Old 04-24-2021, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

thank you for giving real life knowledge. Should have done my own research. Thought this was a software upgrade, but turns out it is a hardware upgrade. Of course in true to form fashion nowhere can you get pricing info nor can you purchase without a dealer.
Old 04-24-2021, 10:12 AM
Registered

thank you for giving real life knowledge. Should have done my own research. Thought this was a software upgrade, but turns out it is a hardware upgrade. Of course in true to form fashion nowhere can you get pricing info nor can you purchase without a dealer.
it was announced just a few days ago, give it a little bit... Given the fact that it does about the same thing as what the vessel view links, I would have to assume on the hardware side it’s going to be in at $1500 ballpark
Old 04-26-2021, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

So, I'm currently installing a Garmin 9" MFD and intrigued by the SmartCraft Connect. Did a little digging and came up with this:

Product data sheet:
https://samerwebapp01apncus01.azuree...730_scc_ss.pdf

Manual:
https://samerwebapp01apncus01.azuree...way_manual.pdf

Checking local dealer to get a cost and availability.
Old 04-27-2021, 07:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Holy Smokes
So, I'm currently installing a Garmin 9" MFD and intrigued by the SmartCraft Connect. Did a little digging and came up with this:

Product data sheet:
https://samerwebapp01apncus01.azuree...730_scc_ss.pdf

Manual:
smartcraft_connect_gateway_manual.pdf

Checking local dealer to get a cost and availability.
they are available and in stock and right on par with the vessel view link $1199 retail when I called my local dealer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.