Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boy Did Get Lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/37153-boy-did-get-lucky.html)

Tejas Raz 11-19-2002 09:21 PM

Neu-Rich,
Very nice buck there. The trophy was in the hunt though wasn't it? Nothing like spending some quality time out in the woods with family and then enjoying the venison around the table. There isn't anything like it in any store. Easier? Yes. Better? Just isn't possible!

Scott

Red Stripe 11-20-2002 12:31 AM

Originally posted by Tejas Raz
Neu-Rich,
Very nice buck there. The trophy was in the hunt though wasn't it? Nothing like spending some quality time out in the woods with family and then enjoying the venison around the table. There isn't anything like it in any store. Easier? Yes. Better? Just isn't possible!

Scott

Damn Right!!

I spent the weekend doing the same thing, but with no luck. We had a blast anyway!!

Nice buck dude!!

Captn Rob 11-20-2002 01:57 AM

Great Buck!

jb 11-20-2002 06:40 AM

wow it landed in the back of the truck?? it must have went there to hide and die....
send me some marinated tips!

Pure Energy 11-20-2002 06:44 AM

Sorry, I don't share your enthusiasm. Killing from a distance is not impressive.

Payton 11-20-2002 06:52 AM

Ken, I disagree.
An 80 yard shot with a 12 guage slug is impressive!!

Nice buck, congrats

skatermike24 11-20-2002 07:06 AM

It's only a hunt if the deer could have shot back!:rolleyes:

skat 11-20-2002 07:25 AM

That's a great Buck! I notice the tag. Here in Alabama the deer are everywhere. You guys won't believe the seasons either. Runs for months with the bag limit being one per day. The over population is so bad they have been extending Hunter's choice (doe or buck) most years. I hunt with a camera most of the time now.

Had a big buck swim across the lake 2 Saturdays ago at about 10:30 AM. We thought it was a goose because of the wake it was creating but when it got closer we saw a big set of horns. We all ran down to the waters edge and it altered it's course a little. Swam right past my neighbors boat house, got out shook off and took off. The other bank is steep with big houses on big lots. Go figure... Wish I had a photo

neu-rich 11-20-2002 08:14 AM

Thanks Guys, I Hope I Didn't Offend Anyone With My Story And Picture.... I Have Been Hunting For 16 Years, And This Is My First Buck, I Am A Camera Hunter Also But You Can Only Look At Pictures So Long, Then You Have To Have The Real Thing.... I Have Been Bow Hunting For 30 Days, Ever Night, And I Have Passed Up Many Deer... I Love Been In The Outdoors, I Walk To My Stands And Forget About The World For 3 Hours At A Time, Just Me And Nature...

Jeff