Where To Boat Lake Norman NC. >

Where To Boat Lake Norman NC.

Notices

Where To Boat Lake Norman NC.

Old 05-27-2021, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Where To Boat Lake Norman NC.

My Daughter and Husband just moved to the Charlotte area and want us to take them boating to see Lake Norman this Saturday. Will be trailering up northbound on 85 from South Carolina. Just planning on dayboating and trailering back later that afternoon, as we have other boating plans for the rest of the weekend. I am not familiar with the area and need a good place to put in, leave truck and 40' long trailer for the afternoon before pulling out and returning later that day. Is there a preffered area to boat to boat once on the lake, or certain areas to avoid? is there a place where fast boats gather ? Have Garmin so should be ok with water depth etc. I know it is a little last minute, but any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old 05-27-2021, 02:37 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Look up "Queens Landing Boat Ramp" on Google. Queens Landing is next door. This is a public park, that I can't remember the name of. It does get crowded, but it's a nice calm water protected ramp.

There is another public ramp across the street if needed. But the water is busier/rougher over there. Parking is a little better though.

Edit, the Public Park's name is McCrary Creek Access Area
https://bestoflakenorman.com/mccrary-creek-access-area/

https://bestoflakenorman.com/pinnacle-access-area/

Pinnacle is the one across the street, but the water is rougher as it is not protected.

There are a ton of great restaurants on the water. We love the Blue Parrot, but it's hard to get a slip there.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 05-27-2021 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-27-2021, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank You Sydwayz!!! This is great information and exactly what I was looking for. This will be our first try at Norman, though brief. Now that the kids are living up there, it may be a more frequent stop, also thanks for the tip on the Blue Parrott.