Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Skater 30 Prototype accident >

Skater 30 Prototype accident

Notices

Skater 30 Prototype accident

Old 08-09-2021, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

As both the friend of a victim and the owner of the boat involved in a previously serious boating accident my heart goes out to all involved, even the boating community in general as these type of accidents affect us all. I simply offer my heartfelt prayers and condolences to all involved.
Old 08-09-2021, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Best wishes to Stephan in his battle to recover and so sorry that Nancy was lost.
Old 08-09-2021, 02:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

Very sorry to hear and for everyone's loss. As a first time boat owner as of last Friday, this is a good lesson and reminder to take precautions with preservers and boating in general.
Old 08-09-2021, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rak rua
Thank you for posting an accurate account of the incident and the obvious safety reminders we too often, take for granted.

Big shout out to the responders, especially you and your girlfriend. There’s more than a couple of silent hero’s in this story.

Most importantly, wishes to Stephan on a full recovery, sounds like he’s in good hands.

You only know me as Rak Rua on a keyboard but boaters all around the world share your pain when boating tragedies strike. Look after yourself and your wonderful girlfriend.

RIP Nancy.

Jon.
^^^Likewise from me, just a keyboard tapper. I've followed this forum for six years. This one hits home for all of us. Dale you and your better-half are saints. Thank you for your pursuit as best you both knew how to save a life. Godspeed to all and Dale, no shame if you need to talk to somebody. Unless you are a first responder, vet or in another line of work where you experience life and death everyday, its ok to find a shoulder to lean on. The pain is everlasting, but you can learn to reconcile it. Be well all - some truly heartfelt commentary here - what a tremendous group of people. Harry
The following users liked this post:
ziggy (08-10-2021)
Old 08-09-2021, 05:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 628 Likes on 289 Posts

Thanks indeed for the accurate and informative post, along with the details you were willing to share...had to be hard.

And yeah...leave it to the media to try to sensationalize a tragedy...sad they don't have any more human conscience than what we all too often see...instead it is always about 'the story'.
ar300johnson (08-18-2021), Helmwurst (08-10-2021), RSCHAP1 (08-10-2021)
Old 08-11-2021, 06:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

So sorry to hear this sad news!

Condolences to Nancy's family, Stephan and friends. Wishing Stephan a speedy recovery. Andy
Old 08-13-2021, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 130 Likes on 86 Posts

Condolences to Nancy’s family and to Stephan.

Dale, thank you for the posts. Very well written. The sport we all love comes with risks that we cannot completely avoid, should always take seriously, and should do what we can to mitigate.

A nearly identical accident 13 years ago would have killed me if it weren’t for the Lifeline jacket and helmet I was wearing. It can make the difference between a helicopter ride followed by 24 hours in the ICU and something far worse. Please people, put them on.
The following users liked this post:
speicher lane (08-13-2021)