Notices

Lake Cumberland

Old 09-13-2021, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Ice actually and thank you ...that`s the other thing , fill up on land at $3.30 something vs. $4.65 at State .
I didn’t pay that by choice. I filled up on land for $2.70ish and ran that out on Friday getting cards.
Old 09-13-2021, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by jtbooten
I didn’t pay that by choice. I filled up on land for $2.70ish and ran that out on Friday getting cards.
Jamestown is usually a lot cheaper than state lol.
The following users liked this post:
jtbooten (09-13-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Don't forget a guy drowned at Jamestown Friday night and 8-10 got ejected on Friday also. From what I gather all Shotgun starts have gone by the wayside due to insurance reasons, Cumberland has gotten to be about the party amd not the pokerrun.
jmoore1225 (09-15-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by fasthawk6
Don't forget a guy drowned at Jamestown Friday night and 8-10 got ejected on Friday also. From what I gather all Shotgun starts have gone by the wayside due to insurance reasons, Cumberland has gotten to be about the party amd not the pokerrun.
Yep. may he RIP and the others recover well.
Exactly on the party. Which is OK I guess. To each their own. But to me it loses the performance boat aura. So it's kind of like having 50 Harley shirts in your wardrobe and not even having a motorcycle endorsement on your license.

Old 09-14-2021, 02:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 500 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by fasthawk6
That's terrible to hear about someone drowning and others being ejected. I don't mean to sound rude and please don't take this out of context, but when some people hear about things like that happening they automatically blame it one the boats out there participating in the event. Even though those of us who actually take part in poker runs know that these accidents were not the fault of us running in the events. In the past we have ran past boats that were way to overloaded to be on the water and they are crossing in front of people like its nothing. That's really crazy especially when it gets stirred up on the stretch from state dock to Harmon. My wife is constantly looking on both sides and behind us all the time when we are in the poker runs. I really don't care to go to Harmon because of the careless people there throwing things out in the water and not having respect for others property. The only time we have went through the Gauntlet, my wife was literally cussing at people when they were about to throw something towards us. I wish more people would do the poker run instead of just saying they are going to the run and end up just going to Harmon Creek, then some come back to the docks to get in slips that should be for us actually doing the run. There's plenty of time to party when you get back to the docks. As far as shotgun starts go, Thunder Run in June is still a shotgun start.
​​​​​​​
kilo (09-14-2021)
Old 09-14-2021, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

We saw you guys several times over the weekend - but I get on OSO so infrequently anymore, I forgot it was your boat. I would have invite you to raft up. I was on a black and white 36 Deep Impact cc with some friends.

Destin poker run next week - god my liver hurts! lol

I got pulled over for a wake violation, sorry can`t go any slower , nothing I can do.Pretty lame reason .

Pretty sure they just wanted to check out my crew. Good thing I was dead sober.
Old 09-14-2021, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 795 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by ALL_IN!
We saw you guys several times over the weekend - but I get on OSO so infrequently anymore, I forgot it was your boat. I would have invite you to raft up. I was on a black and white 36 Deep Impact cc with some friends.

Destin poker run next week - god my liver hurts! lol
ALL_IN,

Pretty sure we were docked behind you at StateDock, behind the first finger of slips past the pumps, tied up to the walkway. We were in a 28' PowerQuest, tied up right behind you, and had a red 236 Rinker stack tied beside us. I remember seeing the B&W DI. Nice boat.

Thanks. Brad.
Model Machine and Precision LLC
(937(545-8991
Old 09-14-2021, 08:33 AM
Registered

I got pulled over for a wake violation, sorry can`t go any slower , nothing I can do.Pretty lame reason .

Pretty sure they just wanted to check out my crew. Good thing I was dead sober.

Ice actually and thank you ...that`s the other thing , fill up on land at $3.30 something vs. $4.65 at State .

lol that cracked me up but so true.

ICDEDPPL,

It was a sobriety check. Almost guaranteed. Again, this is why I don't drink ANYTHING with alcohol on this weekend. They will also sometimes check for CG safety equipment. I've never been approached on any other weekend.

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
ICDEDPPL (09-14-2021)
Old 09-14-2021, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

We had a great weekend running the lake out of our home marina Grider Hill. The weather was perfect. One of those perfect weekends that you just don’t want to end. I don’t enter the fall poker run anymore because I just don’t see the point with no schedule and the boats no longer running together. As others have said it’s all about the party now. Still fun but just not the same as before they neutered it.
The following 2 users liked this post by Marginmn:
dykstra (09-15-2021), jmoore1225 (09-15-2021)
Old 09-14-2021, 01:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Marginmn

We had a great weekend running the lake out of our home marina Grider Hill. The weather was perfect. One of those perfect weekends that you just don’t want to end. I don’t enter the fall poker run anymore because I just don’t see the point with no schedule and the boats no longer running together. As others have said it’s all about the party now. Still fun but just not the same as before they neutered it.
Yup.

Bill Jasper was the man responsible for getting the PokerRun started on Cumberland. He was actually my dad's next door neighbor at the time. He and his group bought the StateDock when it was a raging Indian $h1tpile and turned it into the premier marina on the lake, and put in the footwork to organize the first PokerRun and several subsequent years before selling the marina and moving to Florida. I spoke with him at length about the changes after the first year, and I told him this would be the case. The drivers' incentive to make the run would decline until the event disappeared. I'd say it's only a matter of time before the party isn't enough to garner the attention it needs to make this event viable and it will end. I wonder if the current administrators will recognize what's wrong before this happens.

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
kilo (09-14-2021)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.